Four Seasons In One Day

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

Home sweet fucking home.

I smiled as I took a deep breath in of the eucalyptus and wattle trees that lined the airstrip, my heart's constant aching immediately stopping as the rain softly fell down on us. 

Typical Melbourne. They said we had four seasons in one day and they weren't wrong - it would go from hot and dry to cold and rainy in a matter of minutes here. My siblings all climbed out of the jet and smiled just as I did.

Two cars and a limousine were waiting for us, and Evelyn's parents and Uncle Roman were already here, waiting by one of the cars. Evelyn ran to her parents and Alex nodded towards Uncle Roman, earning a stiff smile back. 

Astrid was still asleep in Charlie's arms, and he carried her to the limo, followed by Grayson and Carlotta. My parents, Uncle Roman and Evelyn's parents were taking one car, and Quinn, Hazel, Nathan and I were taking the second car, leaving the rest to the limo.

Quinn was the only fully licensed one in the car due to England's age limit, so he took the driver's seat, as we drove for an hour back home in the south. The scenery soon changed from apartments and stadium's to suburban houses and bushland, and finally the gates of the mansion were in reach.

We arrived first and one of the guards let us in, smiling at my siblings and I warmly as Quinn drove us in, parking the car by the front door. Spring was just beginning so the air was still cold, hence why I had Quinn's hoodie on and my jacket over the top. 

I opened the door and the sensor lights turned on, basking the house in a warm yellow tone. The rest of my family slowly rolled in and I took no time in waiting for them to come inside, instead taking Quinn up to my room. The housekeepers had kept it dust free and clean, and I noticed one of them had left some gifts on my nightstand, made up of candles and bath products. 

I smiled and instantly rummaged though my draw to find my matches, lighting the beach candle. The sun was just starting to rise outside, and from my window I could see the coastline, where the waves were in their peak and early morning surfers were just starting out. 

Quinn came up from behind me and engulfed me in a hug, kissing my temple. "I'm liking Australia more and more every time I come here, who knows, I might even do some surfing lessons in the summer," he said, and I laughed, patting his cheek.

"If you want lessons, ask Charlie or Gray to teach you, they used to surf competitively, and they're amazing at it. I'm sure we could even fly up to Sydney and do it at Bondi if you would want to," I suggested and he nodded, pressing another kiss to my temple.

"Can you surf, love?" he asked and I nodded.

"I haven't done it since last summer, but yeah, I can surf," I said smiling. I walked to my closet and pulled out my surf board, showing it off to Quinn.