Landing In Sicilia

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

We stood at our private airport, shivering our arses off.

My tits were freezing.

Mother Nature had decided to make today very cold.

My father had my mother and Hazel in a tight embrace, insisting on pulling their scarves tight around their necks. I allowed Quinn to hug me 'strictly for survival' (but who was I kidding, Quinn Jr. was against my back and I loved it).

Our pilot stepped out, but before he could give his usual safety talk, we all ran on, bagging seats. He rolled his eyes, and disappeared into the cockpit, leaving us to raid our ever stocked candy bar. He'd been piloting our jets for the past twenty or so years, so by now, had gotten used to the fact that we never listened.

Quinn took a seat next to me, causing Charlie to raise his eyebrows, and Jacob to open his mouth in protest. Hazel stuck one of Grayson's socks in his mouth instead, causing him to gag on the foul smelling item.

Gotta love my little sister.

I looked out my window, and was kind of surprised when a tear rolled down my cheek. I didn't know when I would be coming back here, to my home of 17 years. 

Quinn put his arm around me, and gently wiped it away with the calloused pad of his thumb. I leant my head against his shoulder, and dozed off as the plane started to move.

----

Quinn's POV

I had a beauty sleeping on my shoulder and I glanced down at her sleeping form. She had a small crease between her brows, as the stress of everything settled into her dreams, and it pained my heart. She was in so much danger, because of my stupidity, and I was scared I wouldn't be able to save her. She shifted in her seat, and whimpered in her sleep as she knocked her thigh.

We'd only been flying for a few hours, yet it had felt like a lifetime under the watchful stares of her four brothers.

I lay my head against her, and looked around the jet. Hazel, Gabby and Nathan were watching a comedy series, and had bagged the beanbags in the corner.  I didn't even know beanbags on a jet were legal, and I had to get some for mine.

Thomas and Tina were discussing things with Charlie and Evelyn's parents in the front, with Charlie occasionally sneaking glances at me and Anastasia. Julian and Carlotta were with Grayson, the girl holding his hand in hers, unknown to her brother.

Jacob and Evelyn were sleeping next to each other at the very back, with his arms protectively around her. 

Everything was silent apart from the occasional laugh from Hazel or a murmuring from the adults.

Hazel reminded me so much of my sister, which was probably the explanation on why I felt a need to keep her safe. The kid had grown on me, just as Gabby had years ago, and I could tell her whole family loved her. She was wise, just like Aurora had been, but childish in a way it pulled everyone in.

Aurora.

My baby sister.

I remembered that car ride like it were yesterday, an endless tape playing over and over in my mind.

I had lost everything I lived for that day.

And yes, my father was alive, and I would always be thankful for that.

But he never loved me like Thomas loved his kids. He never took me out for ice cream, or gave me the talk on girls. He just taught me how to be cold, by treating me as if I were no more than his heir. He broke me to pieces just to rebuild me when Aurora and mum died.

Tina reminded me of my mother too. She was kind and loving, always making my friends call her by her first name, Luella. 

She had been taken from life too soon, and though we had searched far and wide for my sister, my father had given up, telling me to move on and forget.

But I could never forget.

----

Hours later, Anastasia was still sleeping as we touched down in Sicily, where Thomas had explained was the birthplace of their mafia. The sea sparkled in the Heart's private runway, and everyone started to get up, Grayson bouncing up and down, speaking excitedly in Italian.

I softly shook Anastasia awake, and she mumbled inaudible words as she stretched, hitting me in the face.

"Ow," I said over-dramatically.

She whipped her head around, cupping my cheek and planting a butterfly kiss on it. "I'm sorry," she whispered, sleep still affecting her voice.

I shook my head, and helped her out of the seat, allowing her to put her weight on me as we entered a black SUV. Her leg had gotten better in one day, but she still struggled to walk on it, as was expected.

We sat in an SUV with Evelyn, Jacob, Hazel, Gabby and Nathan, the driver hidden from us by a black screen. Evelyn had found the secret booze stash that someone had brought along, and was now tipsy as fuck, trying to dance in her seat.

In a matter of minutes, we pulled into a driveway that lead up to an old Italian villa that faced the sea. Anastasia's eyes lit up, her cute face grinning up at me. "You have to see the ocean pool, and the theatre, and the cave and the-" I put my finger to her lips, and she kept on talking, so I placed my whole hand on her mouth.

She licked it.

I grimaced but kept my hand there.

She bit me.

"Ow!" I said, taking my hand away and nursing it.

"Dude, never try and shut Anastasia up," Nathan said with a chuckle, and she shot him a sweet smile. 

I rolled my eyes and as the car came to a stop, helped Anastasia out. She had her hand in the crook of my elbow, and waited until her father unlocked the villa. She tugged me viciously up the grand staircase, down the long hall until we reached a white wooden door, with gold flakes decorating it like a vine. 

She opened the door and before me lay the sweetest bedroom ever. A gold four poster bed stood under the large window, facing the double doors that led to her balcony. The white duvet sheets were cleanly pressed onto the bed, and fairy lights hung over her bed. A dresser lay on one wall, its old white wood giving the room a rustic look.

"Just like I remember it," she muttered, her eyes melting at the sight of her room. She lay on the bohemian rug on the floor, and closed her eyes. 

She looked peaceful for a moment before bolting up.

"Merda!," she exclaimed, ignoring my confused look as she dragged me to the room next to hers, hobbling slightly. "Here's your room Quinn, it was my father's before he moved to the master bedroom, but he had it fixed for you."

She opened another door and led me into a room that was the total opposite to hers. The walls were black, and it matched the bed frame and desk. The bed covers were a navy blue, and my balcony had a navy blue coffee table outside.

It was perfect.

"Do you like it?" she asked anxiously, and I gave her a slow nod as she bounded into my arms, squeezing me tight.

"I'm glad, I told father it had to be perfect," she said, and I smiled down at her. She was an angel in disguise and didn't know it.

I was going to make the most of my time with her.