The One Where Thomas Knows

Thomas's POV

Thomas's POV

Anastasia had left the table a mere ten minutes ago, and a feeling in my old bones was beginning to tell me that something was wrong.

My brother had not stopped making snide remarks about Quinn being here, muttering how our mother would be turning in her grave at the sight of a Walker in her home. Eventually, Charlie had put an end to it, placing his gun on the table with a raised eyebrow.

Tina was at the other end of the table, happily chatting away with Quinn, her eyes dancing around as she told him childhood stories of Anastasia. I was glad to see her, Hazel and Evelyn actually trying to be civil, unlike my sons who seemed to not be able to converse properly anymore.

Then we all heard the scream.

Ear-piercing as it was, I knew it was my daughter.  

We all knew.

Tina's face froze with fear and I hurriedly got up, reaching for my gun in my blazer. Tina also shot up, and ran into the backyard, where the scream had emitted from. All of the boys had reached for whatever weapon was closet, but Quinn was the one who had armed himself the second the sound had hit him.

His face looked more scared than Tina's.

"Thomas, look!"

Lying discarded by the door were a pair of white heels, thrown carelessly to the ground as if someone had hurriedly thrown them away. 

I picked them up and the love of my life started to shed tears. Tina crept into my arms, clutching at my shirt with her fists as endless possibilities began to swarm her mind, and I handed her over to Eve and Hazel.

"Girls, go take her upstairs, and make her some tea," I ordered gently, and they immediately walked off, followed by Gabriella, who clung to Hazel's hand. 

Quinn's face was a mixture of anger and fear as he climbed the rope ladder to the platform of the treehouse. He scaled it in a matter of no time, and I assumed he had some combat training behind him, as he was not even puffed when he landed on the platform.

Copper hit my nose before anything else. 

There was blood everywhere.

My daughter's blood.

I saw red.

I was furious.

I broke my oath of tranquility, punching everything I could find. I only stopped when Grayson and Jacob held me back by my elbows. I looked to my hands, which were now red raw, scattered with my blood.

Mia figlia. My sweet, kind daughter was gone.

Quinn left and ran inside, followed closely by Rodrigo, who already had his phone out, tapping away. I made no attempt to follow him, instead collapsing onto my knees.