Buenas Noches

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

Quinn drove me home, accompanied by Nathan, Carlotta and Julian, both of whom looked so out of place in their clothes. Grayson had offered Carlotta his jacket before we had gotten into the cars, and she had accepted with a grateful smile.

Quinn had not let go of my hand the entire ride, and honestly, I couldn't complain. Even a few hours locked in the darkness had left me uneasy, and I was glad he had been there to get me out.

We arrived at the gates, and ahead of us, Alexander excused himself, heading up to one of the guest bedrooms. Quinn and I both walked inside, with both he and Nathan supporting my weight as they lead me to the couch. 

My leg wasn't looking good.

I looked to the grandfather clock, and saw that it was 4:00am.

Shit.

My father walked in with my mother in his arms, gently cradling her as he walked off in the direction of their room. Jacob and Evelyn walked in and both smiled at me as they walked off to do God knows what. 

Charlie was outside having a conversation with Julian and Grayson stayed behind, blushing at Carlotta. He was so whipped.

Nathan sat down on the couch opposite, and was quickly snoring again. I reached for a blanket and threw it on his body, and he snuggled into it, mumbling about cheese in his sleep. I lay my head in Quinn's lap as everyone else walked in quietly, not wishing to disturb Nathan. Grayson got the first aid kit, and Carlotta aided him in tending to my leg.

I hissed in pain as disinfectant was applied, and Quinn grabbed my hand, stroking it as he had done at dinner. Carlotta apologised quietly, as she directed Grayson in what to do to support my leg, as she was watched closely by my father, who was still trying to comprehend that two children he once thought were dead were very much alive.  

Carlotta bandaged my leg up tightly, ensuring it was secured, and left with Greyson, muttering a quiet 'buenas noches' to us all. They looked sweet together, the tiny Colombian girl with my goofball of a brother. God knows Grayson needed a girlfriend, and Carlotta could be the key to taming his wilder side.

Quinn stood up, and once again, picked me up bridal style. He gracefully walked up the stairs, acting as if I weighed nothing, though his grip on me was tight, like he was terrified he'd drop me.

He gently dropped me onto my bed, unclasping my necklace and placing it on my bedside table. He grabbed a pyjama shirt and pants from my closet, handing it to me and closing his eyes. When I had taken my dress off and shrugged the pyjamas on, I tapped his shoulder.

His opened his eyes, and I patted the spot next to me, inviting him to sit down. He hesitated but accepted, taking off his shoes and sliding onto my bed, over my covers. He took my hand into his and we lay like that until I dosed off.

It was the best night of sleep I'd ever had.

----

I woke up to find the space next to me empty. I knew Quinn wouldn't stay next to me whilst he was in a house with my brothers. I knew my father would be slightly annoyed, but trusted Quinn enough to be around me.

I tried to get up, but my leg was still in pain. I slumped back down on my bed when Hazel and Evelyn walked in, holding a tray of breakfast.

"Anastasia!" she squealed, nearly dropping the tray. She placed it on my dresser and jumped onto my bed, a grinning Hazel carefully dragging the ottoman from my dresser to the side of my bed taking a seat.

"Oh I'm so happy your ok now babe, you were scaring me to death!" 

Evelyn still squealed, both out of delight and fright, and I laughed quietly, not wanting to upset my shoulder. Hazel got the warm tea from the tray of food and handed to me, smiling gently. "Grazie, Hazel," I thanked her and she smiled at me as I lifted the steaming hot drink to my lips.

"Anastasia did my eyes deceive me, or did I see a certain Mr Walker slipping out of your room this morning," Evelyn asked, and I froze nearly spitting out my coffee. So he had stayed. In my bed. Beside me. 

"Non parlo inglese," I replied, and Hazel giggled, nearly falling off the ottoman. I shot her a glare, reminding her silently about her head injury. "Careful Haze, no more injuries," I softly scolded her, and she nodded her head, setting her body right in the middle of it.

Evelyn did't understand Italian, and it was amusing to watch her face as she tried to figure out what I had just said. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun above her head, and she kept on trying to blow the stray hairs away from her mouth.

My door opened, and Jacob peeked his head in, smiling with adoring eyes at his girlfriend. She didn't realise he was here. He snuck up behind her, and jumped her, causing her to scream out loud.

Footsteps thundered outside my room and my family ran in, Grayson holding a banana as a gun. Charlie had pulled an actual gun out, Quinn was looking around flushed, and Julian was in mid bite of a bagel.

They all looked to my bed to see Hazel, Jacob and I crying with laughter, and Evelyn thwacking Jacob's arm repeatedly, swearing. Everyone relaxed, and started to file out, with Quinn walking over and sitting at the foot of my bed. Hazel said a small hi to him, and he said one back.

"Walker," Jacob nodded to him.

"Heart," Quinn nodded back.

That totally wasn't awkward.

"Good god, the testosterone levels in here are sky-rocketing," Evelyn remarked. Hazel snorted a giggle, whilst Jacob rolled his eyes, pressing a kiss to Evelyn's neck. She laughed, clearly her neck being a ticklish spot, and for once, my brother's stern expression relaxed as his girlfriend smiled.

"Ugh, you two make me sick," Hazel groaned, falling face first into my bed covers. "I liked it better when you were flirting."

Jacob separated himself from Evelyn, setting his eyes on Hazel, before he pounced on her, tickling her sides with no mercy. Hazel laughed so hard that tears escaped from her eyes, and I found myself smiling at them, having had not seen my brother so carefree in a long time.

Perhaps love really did change people.