The Game of Life and Death

"Before you do that, would you like to play a game?" I proposed.

"A game, you say?" Asked one of the demons in front of me. "Interesting, what're we playing?" Asked the other.

"A bet." I declared. "If I win, you let me go. If I lose, then you may eat me. Easy right?"

A grin forms on both of the demons' faces. "What's the bet?" But it quickly went away as it did appeared.

"4 years from now, there will be a breakout. That's all."

"What?!" Yelled the demon on the right. "Why would we wait 4 years for something that wouldn't even happen, if we could just eat you right now?!"

"Boy, you may be smart, but we're not idiots." Exclaimed the demon on the left.

"Because then you could eat more humans then you could ever had before." I reasoned. "If you let me go now, I will return a year earlier and ensure the escape of the others so you both can feast like kings."

"What do you mean? We don't understand."

Idiots. If you let me finished, then maybe you would've.

"When I eventually win this bet of ours, I would have them escape and lure them to a place where both of you would be waiting. Whatever you plan to do, most likely eat them, you could; I would live out the rest of my days free.  It's a win-win situation for all of us, don't you agree?" I finished.

"You sure are positive of yourself, aren't you?" Cackle the left demon. "Winning an impossible bet 4 years from now. Boy, you crack me up!"

"And what kind of ridiculous offer is that?" Argued the right demon. "Did you really think you'd fool us with that kind of nonsense?"

Yes. I mused, obviously not saying it out loud. it would be very bad if I do.

"Still, fours years seems awfully quite long. How can we be sure that you'll return, much less keep your end of the bargain?" The left demon asked.

Bingo. Now you're asking the right questions. And just like that, I've got myself a one-way ticket to freedom.

"Wait a second! you can't be serious about this, can't you? HE IS LYING! He's obviously planning to escape, and never come back!" Said the right demon.

"Your insight does not go unnoticed, brother. Although I can't say what his intentions are, especially if he's planning to feed us his siblings, but if this boy really does intend to keep his end of the bet, then we could be having the feast of our lives." Answered the left.

"And I do intend to keep it. Three years, and i'll come back. I promise you." Finally, I don't have to waste anymore time with these two imbeciles than I already had. "Well, I'll be off then." I walk past them, waving goodbye as I try to figure out which door leads to the exit.

"Hey! Come back here." Yelled out one of the demons, though I can't tell which.

"No. Let him go."

"But brother, we could get in trou—"

"I'd like to see how far the boy's brain could take him. If it turned out that he died in the outside, not that I would be surprise, but if he does, then it's just one kid. No one would know."

Really, now? We'll see about that. A corner of my lips twitched, forming into a wicked smile; Your death will be by unending pain, you worthless piles of shit. I promise you that.