Emma's Revelation

She dropped Little Bunny. Norman pulled her under the truck to see two horrid figures above, but what truly surprised them was to see their mother conversing with the two.

"Weren't there supposed to be the three of you?"

"Ah yes, he's not here."

"I can see that, but where is h—"

"Never mind that. We've only been shipping out average ones lately, but we'll be harvesting some of the high grade stocks soon enough, right, Isabella? These three with full marks are to be prepared for plucking." One of the demon showed Isabella the list.

"You did not need to show that to me, sir, I know which ones you're talking about."

"Good, many demons would pay a lot to have their hands on any of them."

"But you know, brother, the human flesh from this farm is something that we could always just gobble up ourselves. I'm sure we can get a real nice treat of that kid at the back of the truck." The other demon laughed maniacally, relishing in his thoughts of eating Conny.

"Don't joke. It's valuable merchandise, definitely not something we're meant to enjoy, only the rich can afford it."

"Hold on, brother, I think I can smell something." He walked closer to the truck, and crouched down to investigate the peculiar smell underneath it.

"What is it, sir?"

"Human, what is this doing here?" The demon stood up after pulling the plushy, showing Isabella.

"What do you me—" She slowly walks up to the demon and grabbed Conny's Little Bunny, cradling it in her arms with a scowling look on her face.

"Isabella, none of these children have any clue about the reality behind this, do they?

"Of course not. If there were, I would be sure to have taken action against them." She looks at the demon's face. "I'll immediately get to finding whoever's responsible, sir."

"You better do, Isabella. No one will like another escapee on the loose, will they? Remember 05094?"

"Yes, sir, I do. I needn't constant reminder of him."

"Good. Now, go." She left as soon as she heard her dismissal, leaving the demons and little bunny behind.

There was a long silent hovering the air before one of the demons knock on the truck. "You can come out now, kid."

I removed the covers and jumped out. "You couldn't have fasten your three's chitchat?"

I picked up and dusted Little Bunny from the ground. "Hey! Just be grateful we've let the other human go. We ain't doing that to anybody else, you understand?"

Yeah, yeah, I understand. I walked back towards the truck. "Conny, it's safe. You can come out of there."

There was rustling, until she finally crawled out the back slowly. She was shaken because of everything I told her earlier, not to mention her puffy eyes from crying. She was well beyond upset to learn the truth about the house.

She was about to say something when one the demons spoke before her. "Elios, Try to remember our deal. We may have let this one go, but my brother and I still want our buffet."

"Yeah, exactly! Did you know of all the trouble we had to evade during the commotion you've caused? We're lucky that we haven't been questioned or anything. Especially now that we're not shipping that girl! Not to mention one of our kind had been killed and we just stood there watching!" Then why didn't you stop me? Damn demons. You only care about stuffing yourselves with the limbs of my siblings. I won't even let you lay a finger on them.

"Listen, Elios, we can be able to hold up a facade and trick the system for no more than a few days. Once they figured that there hasn't been a shipment from this plantation we won't be able to escape their wrath."

"About that, have you heard of the recent explosion in your HQ? The one in that room where you store all the harvested children from different farms?" They tilted their heads. Was I supposed to find that cute?

"What explo—" BOOM. That one.

"You two will be safe for now, but you better scram near the actual building to make it look as though you've done a delivery." And scram they did.

"Elios." I heard Conny calling me. "Will Emma and the others be alright?"

"Of course, Conny, you don't have to worry." I won't let anything bad happen to them. "I promise."