Back To Normal

"What was that all about?" Ray asked himself.

It has been a minute since Emma sprinted out of the house like their was some sort of fire, and Ray couldn't figure out why. By Emma's reaction to him reading her letter, he deduced that it had something to do with that. He decided to ask her once she comes back, and he made a mental note to grab the girl's arm if she tries running again.

"Hey, Ray. Do you know what's gotten into Emma? It's almost sunset and she ran into the forest again." Asked Gilda, who just came in.

"Beats me. That girl's been out of it ever since you-know-who left."

"True. Do you think she'll ever get over him? We were all sad when Elios left, but she was deeply devastated." Ray shrugged his shoulders, not completely sure of himself either.

It took half an hour before Emma could return, and she ended up being scolded for staying out late by Isabella. She didn't mind her children playing a bit more outside, but she wanted them to ask permission first. Of course, she had her pocket watch, but she still wanted to raise the children with the right qualities for the short time they have.

It was after Isabella's motherly love when Ray confronted Emma about earlier. "Emma!"

"Yes, Ray?" She titled her head in question, looking innocent.

Ray gave her an eyebrow raise as to show that he's not falling for the play dumb routine. Their awkward silence was what broke Emma, but she ended up thinking of an excuse to worm her way out of Ray's suspicion. It was time to put her acting skills through a test.

She sighed and put on a sad look. "It was a letter for Elios."

Ray straightened up, listening closely to what Emma has to say. "Go on."

"It's just that he hadn't sent any letters to us, right? So, I thought that if I wrote him a letter than maybe he'll write back!" She then switched to a more melancholic look, but still gave off a hopeful tone in her voice.

Ray had a stern look on his face. He contemplated whether to tell Emma about his death or not. He wanted her to know, but he didn't know if she can handle it. God knows he barely had. Ray was lucky that he still had Norman and Emma because otherwise he would've loss all his will to live further. Right when he was about to give in and spill the beans, Emma's words cuts him off.

"But then, I thought that maybe he wasn't writing because he must be really happy with his new life! It didn't mean that he'd forgotten about us. I'll even bet that he's waiting for us in the outside! So, until we're all reunited, I will see it myself that I have fun here at Grace Field while I still have the time." She announced with the most cheerful voice Ray had heard for the past four months.

Eventually, Ray opposed his previous idea, deciding that he'll stick to his original plan of letting them find out for themselves. For now, he's happy to see Emma back to her normal annoying, but joyous self.