Minigames are Always Fun

Dear Elios,

I am so glad that you've sent me a letter. I had been waiting for so long, I didn't think you would. We have missed you so much. How are you? How are your parents? I hope they're treating you nicely. Do not worry about mama and the others finding out, I will try my best to keep that from happening! In three years, I eagerly await your return.

Sincerely, Emma

P.S. Yes, I do like your poem!

There, I'm finally finish. Now, I just have to find Nevermore and give him this letter.

"What're you doing there, Emma?" I froze. Hearing mom's voice made my heart skip a beat.

"It's a poem!" I blurted out. Darn, it's not my best excuse, but it's the only one I got.

"Can I see?" That terrified me.

"But it's not finish, yet! And I want it to be a surprise for you."

Mom kept a blank look on her face. I can't tell what she's thinking, but I have to keep her from knowing. I also have to admit, lying to mom isn't something that I ever wanted to do because it's wrong, but I'm sure she'll forgive me once Elios finally comes to visit, right?

"Alright then, Emma. I'll leave you to it, but that poem about me better be good." She playfully said.

"Of course, mom. Only the best for you!"

Once she left I can finally let out a breath that i didn't even realize I'm holding. But then, something happened that made my heart completely stop. It was Ray, and he has my letter.

"Dear Elios, I am so glad tha—" I immediately snatched the letter from him, and hid it behind my back.

"What is that?" He questioned, pointing a finger at it.

Knowing Ray, he definitely won't buy into any of my cover stories. I have to think of something else to completely throw him off. But alas, my mind went blank.

"Well? Are you going to tell me, or not?"

Nope. I ran out as fast as I can, and kept going to the farthest place my legs could take me. I didn't stop running until I've reached deep into the forest. I'm sorry Ray, but you'll have to wait just like me. It was almost sundown, and the rest of the kids are probably heading back to the house. I have to find Nevermore first though before I could.

"Emma! Emma! Why did you ran? Are demons chasing you?" The flapping bird above me asked.

There he was. Wait, did he say demons? What was he on about?

"No, Nevermore. I just wanted to find you! Can you come down here for a second?"

He flew in a circle, before landing on top of my head. I grabbed him gently, and placed him down on the ground.

"Nevermore, can you please send this letter back to Elios?"

"Yes, Of course Nevermore can!"

I then tied the piece of paper on its foot. After, Nevermore soar up as high as he can and was already far enough that I wasn't able to see him. I hope he makes it back safely. Anyways, I should go back now. Ray's probably going to have a lot of questions though.