Check, Elios

Jump, duck, jump, duck. Every trees, rocks, and cliffs in my way, I've avoided and continued running from my mother who is relentlessly chasing me. I guess she must've really missed me, huh?

Our little game of tag has been going on for about half an hour now, and she's showing no signs of exhaustion. I, on the other hand, am struggling to catch my breath. All this time spent on running from man-eaters has done me nothing against mom, she's just too good. In fact, if we weren't enemies, she would've been a really valuable piece against the demons.

It didn't took long before I needed to stop and rest, but I found a really rocky area where there are many suitable places I could hide from her. I quickly hid behind a massive boulder, and I hear footsteps drawing fast as it came to a screeching halt. "Where ever could you be?"

I tried my best to be silent, but mom came at me like a shadow and almost grabbed ahold of me. Good thing I've ducked last second, and put a minimum distance between us. Perfect enough to talk, and bail whenever I needed to. "You're cornered, there is nothing else you could now."

Nevermore would have reached Conny by now, right? "What? You thought I was your only enemy? How foolish of you, mother."

Her face twitched before putting up a smile. "Elios, it's rude to say such things to the woman who've raised you."

"Raised me to be eaten."

She had a saddened expression on her face before speaking in a more melancholy voice. "Elios, just stop with this crusade of yours. This would only end badly for everyone."

Before I could reply, I saw Nevermore flying above her. Yes! finally, but I need to make space between mon and I first. If I ask this question, I would be putting Conny in grave danger. I would be taking a big risk, but I've also been meaning to know its answer. "Conny's still alive."

I just have to double down on Conny's well being then. I expected a shocked expression, but mom was as expresionless as these rocks. "Really now? That must've been whose transmitter was picked up by my tracker."

Here it is. "How come you didn't knew that from the start?"

"I already told you, Elios, the tracker doesn't show any unique identification signals. So, I couldn't have possibly known."

That's not what I meant. "Back at the gates, when you found Little Bunny, you didn't pull out your radar either. If you did, wouldn't you have caught whoever left it there? With your skills, you can easily catch up to the two. You would've even known that Conny and I were only hiding at the back of the truck! But you didn't, is there a reason for that?

She paused herself for a bit to think before coming up with a conclusion. "Yes, I suppose your transmitters loss signal when at said gates."

It loss its signal? So, is Conny at the gates? "How do--"

"Also, I thank you for the valuable information you just gave me." What valuable information?

"Hmm? What's wrong Elios? If I didn't know any better, I would thought that you didn't mean to give out such a crusial words." A grin formed on her face. "With your skills, you can easily catch up to the two."

Shit. It slipped. "It would seem that we've exchange each other's profound knowledge, haven't we?"

"Only yours is of higher value."

"Accurately speaking, the value of anything is solely dependent of whomever's persepective."

"What nice words. Quoted from?"

"Yuugo." I know, right? Who ever thought that old man can come up with something so wise. I was surprised myself when I first heard it.

"Well, I suppose we had our fair share of fun for today." What? "I'll head back now, the children must be wondering what's taking their mother so long."

She turns her back at me, and started walking. Wait, is she leaving me alone? "Where are you going? I'm right here!"

"Of course you are, but this game of ours would be very dull if we just end it here. So, let's have a little time out, ok? Does that sound fair?"

I don't trust her. She's definitely up to something, but I suppose a break from being manhunted by mom would be a treat. I have to be extra vigilent though, she may end up following me towards Conny. I slowly back up from her, and once she's gone from my line of sight, I broke into a sprint to gain even more distance between the both of us.

After a while, I stopped and let Nevermore flew down to me. "Elios, Nevermore found Conny! Conny is near the walls! Directly west from where Elios's current standing location!"

So, she's not near the gates? They're far from where I am currently at. That's another thing that I have to remember then. Not just the gates, but the walls makes the transmitters lose signal also.

"Did Elios manage to steal the woman's tracking device?"

"No, Nevermore. She got the better of me." And that's another thing. I've also plan to take the radar from her, but due to certain circumstances, It's been spoiled.

"Cheer up, Elios, Nevermore still thinks that Elios' plan was very good. Even if the other half didn't work!"

"Did you manage to reach Naila, at least?" When he said the other half didn't work, here I hope that the other did.

"Yes! Nevermore had a hard time waking Naila up therefor Nevermore arrived late."

Great, having Naila along would be of great benefit against mom. Originally, I only planned for Emma to be the one helping me break out the rest of the children, but with Conny and Norman in the picture, it has gotten a bit more complicated. Let us hope that mom doesn't find out about Naila too.