Hungry Hungry Demons

"Look what we have here. Are you lost, boy?"

"No, Not really. Do you have a name?"

"A name? I think you should be more wary about being dessert."

Alright then. "Do you have a family?"

My second question startled the demon. He was heading my way, but stopped dead in its tracks. The rest of the villagers gathered around me, all were mouth-watering.

"Papa, are you having seconds?" A little demon pushed pass a much bigger one's legs, quickly getting in front. "Can we join you?"

Much more of them showed up. I assume they're siblings either that or they're friends, but why should I care? "Sure you can. Albeit we're actually about to play a game, would you still like to join?"

"A game? It sounds like fun!" One of the kids asked, running towards me.

"Julian! Mama said to never play with our food, it's bad manners." Another kid scolded him.

I kneeled down to his height level, and patted his head. "Food? Don't think of me as food, think of me more as a friend! That would surely make this whole thing fun, trust me." I flashed the boy a smile.

They were all confused by my announcement. So, I took this chance to grab the demon by his neck, and pointed my knife at his middle eye. All of them were now cautious and took a pouncing stance. They kept their eye on me, paying attention to any opening that I could make. There was a long silence as I dragged the demon child along with me towards the dead humans. I had no other choice, I would need to fight my way out of this. Plus, this altercation would fasten my plans, but I need to make sure I live though.

I quickly thrusted the knife in the middle eye of the demon in between my arm, and he dropped dead. I aimed the pistol at the three closest ones in front of me and shot. Four down.

"YOU WRETCHED HUMAN! I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT!" Nope. She drops dead. There was twelve bullets in my pistol's magazine when we started, now there was only seven left. It isn't going to suffice, I rushed towards one of the soldiers' guns.

Ten rushed towards me, I evaded the first three and killed the two next in-line. I aimed back and shot the ones who've missed, and finally killed the rest. I was already tired, but the battle for my life is yet to be over. Many more are coming, so I reloaded my rifle, and hid inside a building to regroup.

Before I did though, I snatched one of the soldiers' grenade belt. There were six slots, but only four have actual explosives. They must've used the other two earlier. I heard someone knocking the door down and rushing inside the house. I jumped out the window, but left the belt with the safety pin missing. Multiple explosions can be heard as sprinted down towards the center of the village, at least a few dozen of them died, I'm sure. How many more are there? I finally caught my breath and scanned the area, but was surprised to see no one out to get me.

It happened so quick, but it was all over. I managed to escape with minimum bruises, few scratches, and an aching pain on my back by being send towards the wall flying. It wasn't a pretty sight, but the whole demon village was massacred by my hands. Not one demon was left sparred. Now, it's time to go home.