How are You Alive?

"You know, this is a great idea, Norman! Swiping spare tablecloths." This is only a day after mom almost caught on that Norman and I were the ones who've went to the gates.

Last night was terrifying. Actually, it was more than that. In that hallway with mom, I was feeling a lot of emotions at the moment. Sadness, anxiousness, fear and everything else inbetween.

The causes were a buttload of things. I'm obviously still grieving over Conny, and mom being there didn't help. But there's one thing that's making me think unclearly, it was Elios. I don't know how to feel right when I don't know how he's doing. It's kind of like i'm at a sense of loss without him, if I wasn't already.

There's also the fact of mom mentioning Elios, along with his foster parents, were the ones visiting, but canceled last minute. Why would she do that? There was no point, it doesn't make much sense. If everyone gets shipped out, killed, and be fed to monsters; How could he have sent me a letter? Unless, it wasn't Elios. Although, is there anyone else that I would know from the outside? Maybe they're trying to save us, and they're operating under the name of Elios'?

No, that wouldn't male any sense. There's too much loose strings. Maybe I should tell Norman and ask his opinion? But he's already dealing with a lot, bearing the task of planning our escape. I'm here to help, but it seems that Norman's just doing all the work.

Wait! When quote-on-quote Elios sent the letter, he used a bird to deliver it. It was a raven, I think? What was it's name? It's been years since I've last saw him. But even then, how can I know that he's still here? Or atleast call upon him? Come to think of it, when did I last saw him? We first met three years ago. And he came back three weeks after that, but he didn't came bearing reply letter from Elios. In the next few months, he would fly by every so often, but he dissapeared completely the year after.

Hold on. Last week, when all of us were playing tag, I was it. I ended up finding everyone, except for Naila and Conny. When we were all done playing, I was impressed with their skills of hiding. But also curious, so I decided to ask how they managed to avoid me the entire time.

Alright, alright, you can call me butthurt from losing the game, but their answer actually provided me a clue on how to find Elios' mysterious raven.

Edgar Allan Poe's pet bird, that was their answer. They had help from him. If recall correctly, we had loads books about him. And I vividly remember seeing a book titled.. "The Raven."

Yeah, that's it! I was confused at first, but if they're the same thing, then we're golden! I have to ask Naila about this.

"Are you alright, Emma?"

"What?" Oh, shoot. I completely spaced out on Norman.

"The Raven? What're you on about?" Quick, think of an excuse. I needed to find Mr. Poe's raven myself. Norman's already dealing with everything, this is a task for me!

"Oh, nothing. I was just loss in thought, sorry about that, Norman."

"But hey! I think it'd be a good idea to tell Ray, and get his opinion."

"Actually, I was thinking the very same thing. I also think Ray would be the least likely to panic. And because he knows a lot, he's good at working with machines, he would be an asset to our plan. But.." But what?

"Tell you what, I'll talk to Ray myself. Why don't you head back to the house for now?" He'll talk to Ray himself? Sure, I guess. This actually buys me time to talk to Naila as well.

"Why not now?" Nevermind.

"Ray!"

"Yo.."