𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

-Clover's Pov-

(This part may be boring but please read it's the only way you will understand the story🖤)

They say that if you never hurt anybody, kept to yourself and been as kind as possible to each and every person you come across, life would treat you fairly.
Unfortunately, from experience, I can tell you that is not the case.

My life is extremely complicated so I guess I should get you caught up before you lose interest.

You see, I'm not like other girls... I'm cursed, in a way.
I was born with powers that nobody except my father and my bestfriend knew about. Yes I know, you'd think my mother would know but she was so ignorant that she didn't have the slightest bit of interest in me what so ever.
The powers came from my fathers side... his mother and father had the same so they were just as understandable about the situation that I had been put in at a very young age.

My magic consists of:

reading minds
•controlling objects/moving objects using my eyesight
•I have the ability to seriously injure people using only eyesight
•I can feel each and every persons emotions... etc.

Honestly, if you can think of a power I'm more than likely able to do it.
You're probably sat there like "oh, I wish I could do this", but it's not as fun as you think.
You have to be extremely weary of your surroundings and who you show them to.

I've been close to my bestfriend Charlie since we was about 2 years old. Her family abused her, mentally and physically to the point where she couldn't stay in the house anymore.
I lived with my father from age 4 and upwards since my mother decided to fall back into her slutty ways and sleep with every guy she looked at.
My father and I moved to Australia and brought Charlie with us, he then raised myself and Charlie to be who we are now.
He considered Charlie as his own daughter which I was thankful for.
An accident happened when Charlie and I were both 14 (we are 18 now), resulting in her ending up in a coma for 6 days. She woke up with the exact powers I have.
She, of course, was thrilled to be like myself and my father but I wouldn't have wished it upon anybody.

My father died recently due to an accident on a motorcycle, resulting in myself and Charlie having to move in with my mother.

Charlie and I have only one rule which we promised my father we would follow.

Always, ALWAYS, keep our powers hidden.

and so I'm sat here now, staring out at the beautiful pebbled pathway in my mother's back garden.
I hear soft footsteps behind me and a figure sits down beside my chair.
"You ready for our first day at college?" Charlie speaks softly.
I sigh out and look down at my sleeves that I was now fiddling with.
"I don't know, we've never been to a public school before, dad always homeschooled us, what if we can't control our magic around these new people" I start panicking.
She places her hand on my back and sighs. "Listen, it will be fine, mum has already told the school she wants us to be in the same classes... so if we go through it, we go through it together" she smiles comfortingly.
(she calls my mother mum too, the same with my father, she referred to him as dad).

"I guess you're right, I better get ready then" I sigh and stand up to head back inside.
I take my coffee cup to the sink and rush back up to my room.
I brush through my still slightly wet hair from my shower this morning and leave it down.
I take my makeup out of my vanity draws and apply my usual. I wasn't one for dramatic makeup but I can respect the people that are.

Once I'd finished my makeup I head to my bathroom to brush my teeth then I add a little swipe of lip gloss on my plump lips.
I head over to my wardrobe and since today is my first time in a public school I wanted to make a bit more of an effort than I usually would.
I throw on a dark grey and white patterned play suit and some white filas before grabbing my keys and heading downstairs to Charlie.

She, being organised, was already ready.
She was wearing dark grey jeans with an adjustable waist, a black cropped jumper and some white filas. She, like myself, wasn't really one for dramatic makeup so she had flawlessly applied her usual... everybody tells me I'm just as beautiful as her but I've always felt like I was the uglier one.
Of course everybody feels like that compared to their bestfriend.

"Ready?" Charlie asks, spinning her car keys around her index finger. I nod in return and follow her out to the door.
"Wait should we say goodbye to mum?" I ask closing the door behind me.
"No. She's more than likely with that guy from last night, wouldn't want to intrude" Charlie shrugs, slipping her sunglasses over her eyes as we jump into her heated car and drive off throughout the country side.

I stare down at my hands as silver sparkles fall gracefully from my finger tips.
"You might not want to do that around here" Charlie advises. I look up to see us now in the school parking lot. I click my fingers to make all magic going on around me, disappear.
Thankfully, nobody saw.

"Right, lets go and get properly signed in then" I mutter and jump out of the car with Charlie following behind me.