𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

-Clover's Pov-

"Clover-Mae Belle Willow and Charlie Lee White" I speak up softly to the woman at the other side of the desk.
She nods and returns the smile before carrying on with typing on her computer.
I glance around at the hundreds of students that were all gathered in the cafeteria.
"I guess this is where everybody goes before...tutor, if that's what you call it" Charlie shrugs.
"We call it homeroom here sweetheart" The receptionist smiles politely.
"Sorry, we haven't been in a public school before".
"never?" She asks shocked.
Charlie and I shake our heads at the same time.
"well I hope you settle in nicely, here are your timetables, your mother told us she wished to have you both in the same classes" she says looking directly at me.
I've always had trouble maintaining eye contact so I look down at the marble desk and nod slowly.
"Thankyou Miss" Charlie smiles before grabbing our timetables and pulling me out of reception into the cafeteria.
Atleast 2/3's of the eyes were on us.
"This- is too much" I mutter and turn around only to get distracted by unfamiliar female voices.

"Are you guys new?" One speaks up.
I turn around to come face to face with a pretty pale girl with perfect eyeliner and a beautiful slightly darker skin girl with perfectly straight hair.
"Oh, yes, we are, I'm Charlie" Char smiles politely, shaking the girl's hands.
"I'm Clover" I say joining in the conversation.
"I'm Cynthia" the girl with the perfect eye liner smiles.
"And I'm Daniella" the other says. Both of their smiles were angelic.

"I guess you'll both need showing around" Cynthia grins, clapping her hands excitedly.
"That would be amazing thankyou" Charlie says.
We follow them down to a less crowded corridor.
"So are you sisters?" Daniella asks.
We shake our head in unison.
"Nope, just bestfriends" I say.
They show us to our lockers and we throw our bags in and take our books out.
We then tell them a little more about ourselves as they show us the way to homeroom.

"So is there anything major we should know about?" I ask walking up the three flights of stairs.

"There's two groups of popular people" Dani states, taking a deep breath before speaking up again.

"the first is not the type of group you wanna fuck with, the group consists of, Jaden Hossler, Josh Richards, Kio Cyr, Bryce Hall, Griffin Johnson, Anthony Reeves, Payton Moormeier and Avani Gregg, Avani is Anthony's girlfriend and she's not that horrible" She adds.
"Yeah Avani is good company" Cynthia confirms.

"And the other group...?"Charlie asks slightly more afraid. "Oh they're calm, that group consists of Chase Hudson, Quinton Griggs, Tony Lopez and Ondreaz Lopez, we hang out with them regularly, you'll more than likely meet them later" Cynthia says.

We reach the door to homeroom and stand outside since we was early and didn't fancy going inside too quickly.
"So what makes the first group so bad?" I ask curiously, holding my books close to my chest.
"They're stoners, not that that's bad but the majority of them are fuck boys, ESPECIALLY Jaden... be careful of him" Dani says sternly.
I nod my head and swallow what felt like a stone in my throat.

The bell rings for homeroom and we say goodbye to the girls, arranging to meet them in the cafeteria at break.
I look over at Charlie for reassurance and she takes a deep breath.
"Here goes nothing" we both whisper in unison and open the door to the classroom.
To our surprise there was only two people in there so far, two boys, at the very back.

"Hello girls, and who are you?" Our teacher smiles, sitting behind her desk and leaning forward on it ever so slightly.
She seemed nice, overly nice.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Clover-Mae and this is Charlie" I speak up, pointing to Charlie who was standing directly behind me.
The two boys at the very back lean forward in their seats as they become more and more intrigued as we introduce ourselves.
"Well I must say it's a pleasure having new students in our class, it's been years" She laughs cheerfully.
"The whole of the back row on the left hand side isn't taken, you may sit in whichever seat you want" she adds.
"Thankyou Miss" Charlie nods and pulls me to the back row.
I've always been scared about what people have thought of me, so I decided to take a gamble and read her mind to see what she thought of us.
I zone out as I focus on her mind.

"They're really pretty"
"They seemed shy though, then again, I can't blame them it's their first day" she keeps her head down as she writes in a notebook.

I smile to myself and lean back in my chair.
"You know, you really shouldn't be doing that here" Charlie says without thinking.
I look towards her with my eyes widened as she covers her mouth.
I notice out of the corner of my eye that the two boys from earlier were still staring.
One in particular was staring at Charlie.
I lean down and make a curtain with my hair to face away from them but I could still feel their eyes on the back of my head.

More and more people come in and before I knew it, homeroom was over.
"What do we have first?" Charlie asks clutching her books close to her chest.
"English" I say.
"I guess that's this way, from what I remember" Charlie mutters grabbing my arm and pulling me into the other corridor.
We find our classroom, introduce ourselves and take our seats.
The two boys from homeroom come in alongside 4 others.

"So you guys are the new girls?" One of the boys from earlier asks, turning around in his seat to face us.
"Erm, yes, yes we are" I nod, nervously.
"I'm Josh it's nice to meet you" He smiles and looks over at Charlie like he was doing earlier.
"I'm Bryce" the other one from earlier speaks up.
"I'm Kio, this is Griffin, Anthony and Payton" The tanned boy grins.
"It's nice to meet you all" I blush and look down at the table.

I felt as if all their thoughts were screaming at me at once but only one stood out.
Anthony's... "Jaden is gonna love her".

"Bryce would you be able to tell me where Mr Hossler is?" Our teacher asks as she crosses off names on the register.
"I don't know Miss, I saw him this morning" Bryce shrugs.

Just as the room falls silent, a relatively tall boy with a navy hoodie comes in, with his hood up.
He hands the teacher a note and the teacher nods as he turns back around.
He grabs the door handle to leave and makes eye contact with me. I couldn't see his full face because of his hood but from what I could see, he had a soft smirk plastered on his lips.
He shakes his head slightly before leaving and the door slamming behind him.