𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

- Clover's Pov -

I place my now cooled down curling iron on my vanity and stare blankly at myself through the mirror
I seemed too... Done up. I would never usually wear this much makeup but today is the day... Prom night.

It's times like this that I missed my father. He always told me about his prom experience... Getting the position as prom king alongside my mother being prom queen.
It kind of put more pressure on me for this night and I was glad I never went to high school so I was able to miss prom. Infact if I'm opening up I was never happy with my appearance so I was dreading it when Jaden mentioned that our college has a prom for graduates.

My mom appears in my doorway and smiles sympathetically. Over the course of the past two days I've grown closer to my mother.
"You all ready hunny?" She asks.
"Yep, how do I look?" I ask standing up and twirling around.
Avani helped me pick out a lilac beautiful dress with heels and I had my waist length hair down and curled.
She holds her hand to her chest and smiles.
"So so beautiful, you look just like me when I was your age" she says sitting down on my bed.
"So you have a date for tonight?" She questions.
"Yeah" I sigh, turning back around to look into my mirror.
"What's the matter sweetheart, you don't seem happy" she says.
"No no I am it's just, have you ever really really liked somebody that you knew you shouldn't like, but you had a massive secret that you couldn't tell them and you want to pursue a relationship with said person but you feel you can't do that until you tell them that secret but you're sworn to secrecy by a passed loved one and you don't want to break that promise?" I ask looking down at my hands.

"Wow that's a lot Clover, who's the boy?" She asks.
"Nobody" I whisper under my breath.
"come here, let me tell you something about your father" she says.
I stand up and take a seat down next to her.
"When I met him, I was a new girl at the school and he was the one with the reputation that played every single girl, no matter how much I wanted to everybody told me that I couldn't change him, but he changed himself to be with me." She starts.
I look out of my window at the pink sunset realising that every word she had just said describes myself and Jaden perfectly.

"Your father was very very secretive, I never knew why and still to this day I don't know why-". I close my eyes tight. I knew exactly why because my fathers secret is my secret that I have to keep from the boy I'm in love with.
"If your secret is anything like your father's secret you must tell Jaden, it's going to drive him away, just like your father drove me away" she says.

"w-who said anything about Jaden?" I stutter.
"Hunny, I'm not stupid, I've seen the way he looks at you" she smirks.
The doorbell rings and I pull my hands away from her.
"I have to go" I smile.
"Have fun" she places a gentle kiss on my forehead before I jump up and rush down the stairs to be greeted by Charlie.
She was wearing a blue gown with blue heels and her hair was up in a ponytail, curled of course.
"You look beautiful"she compliments me.
"Thankyou, so do you" I compliment her back making us laugh.
We open the door and see both Josh and Jaden, In suits, standing at the bottom of the front garden holding roses.

"Holy- you guys went all out" I say wrapping my arms around Jaden's shoulder.
"You look amazing Clover" he whispers in my ear.
"So do you" I whisper in his and he bites down on his bottom lip.

"And who are you!" Josh gasps to me, referring to the fact that I was wearing a lot more makeup than usual, making Charlie and Jaden chuckle.
"Shut up" I playfully punch his shoulder.
"Let's go" Jaden takes my hand and leads me to the limo that was across the road.

Jesus, they really did go all out.

We soon arrive at a tall building that looked more like a hotel.
The boys lead us to a giant hall with students everywhere, a shit ton of LED lights, a dj, numerous punch bowls and the laughter of people around us.
"Wow it's exactly how Dad described it" Charlie whispers to me and I nod.
I get a lot of cold stares as Jaden takes my hand and leads me to a group of people which was, surprisingly, our social groups mixed together.
Cynthia, Chase, Quinton, Bryce, Anthony and Avani were all stood together having a conversation and Daniella, Griffin, Payton, Tony, Ondreaz, Kio and Kio's date Olivia were stood together.
"this is a first" I whisper to Josh who chuckles and nods in agreement.
"Clover, Charlie!!" They all yell as we greet them.
We hug them all and Cynthia and Dani pull us aside.
"Girls you look amazing!"Cynthia grins.
"So do you it's been forever since we spoke" I yell hugging them again.
I glance back at Chase and Quinton having a conversation.
"So you patched things with chase?" I ask Cynthia.
"Yeah everything is sorted between us" she smiles cheerfully.

A pair of strong arms wrap around my shoulders as I feel as soft kiss on my cheek.
I look up to see Jaden, I smile and rub his arm gently.

"I'm here to apologise to you both" He says to Cynthia and Daniella who smile lovingly.
"I shouldn't have treated you both the way I did last year it was uncalled for and I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings the way I did" He grins.

I smirk to myself and look down at the floor, wow maybe he really is changing.
"It's no bother honestly" Dani smiles.
He hugs them both before whispering in my ear "I'll be right back".

"Where are you going?" I ask holding his hand to keep him back.
He pulls a big bottle of vodka out of his blazer and smirks.
"No no no Jaden-"
"To spike the boring old punch bowls" he says devilishly, running off.
"Jaden Hossler don't you d-" "this is going to be fun" I say the last part to the girls before running after him.