𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

The Next Day:

-Clover's Pov-

"I'm just saying he may not actually be as bad as they say" I shrug and glance out of the kitchen window as I sip my coffee.
"I dunno about that clover, did you not see the dominance in his eyes when he suggested you go over to his house today, I have a strong feeling he's gonna pull something on you" Charlie shrugs.
I roll my eyes and drop my cup into the sink.
"Well I don't think he will, he has a girlfriend remember" I say. She nods slowly and both of us jump to the sound of a car horn outside.
"Cynthia and Daniella are here" Charlie sighs, jumping off the kitchen counter.

Luckily we were both ready, we got up extra early this morning, not 100% sure why but we did anyways.
Today I threw on a black dress with roses on and some black Doc Martens, my hair was in half up half down but with two space buns and my hair was curled at the bottom. I had put on my usual makeup and Charlie had done the same.
She threw on a navy green bodysuit, some black ripped jeans and her black air force 1s.
We've both been ready for nearly an hour and a half.
Charlie rushes out of the door but I get stopped by my mum before I can leave.

"Oh clover honey!".
I roll my eyes and turn around to face my mum.
"Yes?"
"I won't be here this evening" she says.
"I'm honestly not surprised" I mutter as a guilty expression plasters itself on her face.
"Well neither will I" I add on, slipping my bag strap onto my shoulder.
"Oh where are you going?" She asks interested.
"To Jaden's house for a proj-" I get cut off by Cynthia pressing the car horn again.
"Mum I've really got to go" I say waving goodbye to her and rushing out of the door.

"Sorry, mum pulled me behind to tell me she wasn't going to be there tonight" I say jumping in the passenger seat of the car.
"No worries babes, we just don't want to be late" Dani says and I nod.

"So a little birdy told us that Jaden sat next to you yesterday" Cynthia smirks.
"Which birdy was that?" I ask raising my eyebrow.
"Jaden, well I mean he didn't tell us, he told Bryce and Bryce told us since they know we're mates" She shrugs.
"Oh, yeah he did"
"What did he say to you?" Dani asks intrigued.

"Not much, he's actually kind of sweet, I mean, I know you guys said he's not the type of guy to be nice but he said-"
"No girl no, clover this is how he gets you, trust me I've been there" Cynthia says.
"You have?" I ask shocked.
Dani raises her hand slightly. "Me too".
"So is that why you don't like him?" I ask.
They both nod and sigh.
"We've been through it" Cynthia mutters.
"I'm sorry" I frown sympathetically.
"Don't be, it wasn't your doing" Dani smiles rubbing my shoulder as she leans over the seat.

I look to the back to see Charlie lost in thought, biting on her nails.
It was blatantly obvious she was thinking about Josh.
"Spoken to lover boy yet?" Dani asks as the car stops.
I look up to see us now in the parking lot and my eyes meet with Jaden's from the other side.
"Lover boy?" Charlie questions.
"You know, Josh" Cynthia teases.
"I don't know what to say to him" Charlie shrugs and leans back in her seat.
I notice Josh now walking towards the car.

"Well you might want to think of something soon snowflake because josh will be here in three, two, one..." I say and get cut off by a knock on Charlie's window.
She nervously steps out and shuts the door so we can't hear what's being said.

After five minutes Char sends us a thumbs up and Josh walks away as we step out of the car.
"So?" I whisper.
She hands me her phone with Josh's number now saved.
"Go onnnn" I tease and she shoves me, blushing like mad.
"Let's go then" Cynthia says grinning like an idiot.

We head to mine and Charlie's locker before heading to Cynthia's and I instantly become shy at the sight of four boys waiting for Cynthia and Dani.
"There they are" One of them grins. He had black hair, lanky, and had an E-Boy vibe to him.
two of them must have been brothers, they looked so similar. And the final boy looked like Jaden, in a way, tall...black hair.
"Hey babe" Cynthia grins hugging the first boy.
My eyes widen.
"She never mentioned she had a boyfriend" I whisper to Dani.
"Well, wouldn't really call him her boyfriend... more... an fwb" She giggles and I nod sharing a smirk.

"So you guys must be the new girls" E-Boy asks us.
"Yes, I'm Clover, this is Charlie" I decided to introduce us since Charlie was anxiety ridden.
"I'm Chase" he waves slightly.
"I'm Tony" the boy with the curly hair smirks.
"And I'm Ondreaz, Tony's twin brother" the third one grins.
"And I'm Quinton" the final boy says with a soft smirk.

(I am perfectly aware that they aren't twins but for the sake of the story they are so just roll with it😚)

"So how are you settling in?" Quinton whispers to me during everybody else's conversations.
"Not too bad, this place is a little nerve racking" I mutter rubbing my arm in light circles. I tend to do that when I'm nervous.
"Yeah, it can be alright at times. A few people told us that you've never been to a public school before" He says.
I raise my eyebrows.
"Wow, news travels fast" I laugh and he nods rubbing his lips together with curiosity.
The bells rings and I'm pulled away by Charlie,
With the others following behind.
We soon enough reach our classroom.
"We should all meet up after school, hang out for a bit" Ondreaz suggests.
I cross my arms over my chest and sigh.
"I would but I have to go over to Jaden's house for a project" I say.
"Jaden- Hossler?" Tony asks. I nod.
"Be careful of him though yeah" Chase says sternly, hugging Cynthia's side.
I nod slowly and look to the floor.
"I'll pick you up afterwards and take you to chase's where we're all meeting if you want" Quinton offers kindly.
"You know where he lives?" I ask.
"Everybody knows where Jaden lives, he's thrown so many legendary house parties" Ondre laughs.
"I'd love that, thankyou" I smile to Quinton.
We say goodbye to the boys and I turn around to receive a cold hard stare from Jaden who was sitting on a table on the far side of the classroom.
It seemed as if he was watching Quinton and I with jealousy.
I shake my head and take a seat without making any eye contact with him.