𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-Clover's Pov-

I lay sprawled out across my bed, smiling like an idiot as visions of last night replay in my head. From the very first moment at prom to the very last moment where Jaden walked me home. I must admit... After Jaden and I last night... I feel different. More grown up perhaps.

"Clover! I made food!" My mum calls from downstairs.
I jump out of my bed and rush to greet her.
She sits opposite a random man at the table...Of course.
"Honey, this is Paul" She signals to the guy who waves.
He seemed kind of sweet.
"Have I met you before?" I ask."Probably not" Mum mutters under her breath, sipping her coffee.
Paul soon leaves for work or something or other and I take a seat at the dining room table where he previously sat.
I cross my legs numerous times but I couldn't get rid of the sore sensation at the top of my thighs.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" Mum questions looking at my legs that I'm crossing tightly.
"Mhm, just a little...Um-sore" I say quickly.
She smirks and leans back in her chair.
"Clover-Mae Belle Willow" She says laughing a little bit.
"Yes?"
"You and Jaden...had sex didn't you" she smirks.
"Okay I'm not having this conversation with you" I laugh standing up and heading over to the kitchen side.
"I was going to say you look different" She says turning around to face me.
I exhale deeply and chuckle to myself. "I feel different" I shrug.
"of course you do" She smiles.

"Have you told him how you feel?" She questions. I shake my head and frown.
"Nope".
"You need to"
"It's not as simple as that mum, you wouldn't understand" I shrug.
"Well I have work, I'll see you this evening" She gently kisses my forehead and leaves the room.
I trail back upstairs to my room, to hear laughter from Charlie's room. Clearly Josh stayed over.
I head back to my room and slip into some grey joggers, a pink cropped hoodie and some bed socks.
I slip my glasses on since my vision is getting worse due to me not actually wearing them when I should.
I brush my teeth and take a seat down at my vanity, glancing into the mirror.
An outline of what looked like a person appeared in the corner of my room and it was only a matter of time before the vision got clearer.
"Dad?" I ask.
"Hello Sweetheart" I hear his voice.
Wait now I'm hallucinating?.
"Yes, you are hallucinating" He says.
"You can still read my mind huh?" I laugh, brushing my hair.

"I can, but that's not why I'm here" He says sternly. I place my hairbrush down and turn to face the figure, it was almost lifelike, it was so clear it was as if he was actually here with me.

"I'm here to tell you that I think you should" He says.
"You're going to have to be clearer than that" I raise my eyebrow.
"I think you should tell your new boyfriend about your capabilities, it's only going to push him away like what happen with your mother and I, I know I said never ever let anybody know about them but I have a really good feeling about this boy of yours" He says.

"He's not my boyfriend, and I want to, I really want to but what if he won't understand, what if he becomes scared of me and that pushes him away" I begin to panic.
I feel his hand on my shoulder.
"Clover-Mae, he will understand perfectly. I promise you" He smiles.
I nod and within one blink the vision was gone, leaving me in a room with silence.
"Fuck it" I whisper to myself and grab Charlie's car keys.
"Charlie I'm stealing your car" I shout through her door.
"Cool, just don't break it!" She shouts back.

I jump in her car and drive off to Jaden's house. I need to stop living in fear that he will be scared of me if I tell him. This way I can tell him how I feel about him.
I pull up outside his house and step out onto the sidewalk. I take a deep breath before slowly walking up the stairs to his front door.
I ring the doorbell and he opens it, revealing his angelic smile.
"I need to talk to you" I say.
"Ugh, can't this wait?" An all too familiar voice speaks from behind the door.
The door opens a little more and I see Mads stood wearing one of Jaden's T-shirts.

"We're kinda busy" She adds on.
I look to Jaden in disbelief. "t-this is a joke right?" Was all I managed to choke out.
He looks to the floor and shakes his head. I feel his emotions hit me... Nothing but guilt and sadness. Still couldn't read his mind though... I couldn't read Madison's either.

"Okay, well..." I say turning around to walk off, he grabs my wrist.
"Clover I-" "it's okay, we weren't dating, do whatever the fuck you want" I cut him off. I tried to hide the hurt in my voice but it came out loud and clear.
I hear sniggers behind Jaden. I look past him at mads then back at him.
"You two are made for eachother" I pull my wrist away from him and rush down to Charlie's car, driving away as fast as I possibly could.

I didn't even make it through the front door before I broke down.
Fuck sake. I knew it.
The Jaden Hossler that I saw was far too good to be true.
I stumble up the stairs and to Charlie's door.

"Stop fucking, I need to speak to you both" I say knocking loudly.
"We weren't fucking but come in" Charlie calls out.
I open the door and the two of them instantly run to me.

"Clover what's the matter?" Josh asks wrapping his arms around me.
"I knew it, I knew it was far too good to be true" I sob in his arms.
"What was?" Charlie asks rubbing my back.
"Jaden...he's still sleeping with Mads"