𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I wake up to shouting downstairs.
I turn over in my bed to have the sunlight beaming directly into my eyes, I groan and get up to close the drapes.
I yawn and run my hands through my hair... it's 11:30, far too early to be awake.
I head to my bathroom, brush my teeth and slip my glasses on to head downstairs.
"Where is it, where is it, where is it!" Charlie panics, rushing around the house.
"Woah, what's all this commotion!" I yell.
"I have a date with josh in ten minutes and I can't find my fucking phone" she says.
"Alright alright calm down! We'll find it!" I say taking a seat on the couch only to feel something underneath me.
I sigh and reach down to grab her phone, holding it up in her view.
She goes quiet and slowly steps towards me.
"Thankyou" she mutters.
I head to the kitchen to make some coffee when josh walks in.
"Morning little legs" he grins.
"Morning beanstalk" I send a sarcastic smile, sipping my coffee.
"Somebody woke up on the wrong end of the cave" he laughs.
"Oh so now I'm a caveman" I chuckle.
"Indeed" he says.
"Lots to do, lots to see, not enough time to do or see it in" Charlie says luring josh out of the door.
"Bye have fun!" I laugh, shaking my head as the door closes.
I return to the couch and turn the tv on, groaning when I hear the door open again. "What did I tell you about forgetting your sodding keys!" I yell out, thinking it was Charlie.
Jaden appears in the doorway, dressed in a suit.
"Morning sunshine" he chuckles.
"I thought you was Charlie" I mutter crossing my arms over my chest.

He takes a seat next to me. "Why are you dressed all fancy?" I question.
"I was gonna ask if you wanted to come with me to my mother's dinner party type thing today, I don't want to go on my own" he frowns.
I smile and gently rub his cheek with my thumb.
"Of course, I'll get ready" I say heading up stairs.
I jump in the shower and dry my hair, leaving it down with soft beach curls. I throw on a beige dress with black tights and a black jacket before adding light makeup.
I grab my phone, keys and phone charger and throw them in a bag, before heading back downstairs.
"You look beautiful, should we go?" Jaden asks, I thank him and nod in return.
I lock up the house and we head out to his car.
If was a relatively quiet car ride until I decided that I was bored of the silence.
"So, how come you moved out on your own?" I ask.
"Erm..." he starts, his grip tightens on the wheel, showing the veins in his hands.
He lets out a low breath, "my stepfather isn't the nicest person in the world".
"I thought your dad was-"
"He's dead" he cuts me off.
"Oh, I'm sorry" I say sympathetically, rubbing his arm.
"It's not your doing" he shrugs.
I glance back out of the window and we remain silent for the rest of the journey.
We soon enough arrive at his mothers house.
As we slowly walk up the drive he grabs my arm, "I'm gonna need you to pretend to be my girlfriend" he says quickly.
"But you have a girlfriend- Mads" I say.
"I broke up with her 3 weeks ago" he shrugs.
Before I could say anything, his mother rushes out to greet us.

"Jaden! Darling!" She says pulling him into a hug. "And you are-" she asks hugging me.
"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Clover, Jaden's girlfriend" I smile.
"Oh that's wonderful, we've never met any of Jaden's partners" she cheers.
She turns around and head back up the drive, Jaden shrugs as we follow her to the house.

"Darling they're here!" Jaden's Mom shouts.
Down the stairs comes a 6'6 guy with a frown plastered on his face.
"Jaden" the man nods slowly.
"Darren" Jaden nods in return.
I take a step back, feeling the tension.
Jaden's mom clears her throat, "lets all head to the dining room shall we" she says cheerfully.
We follow her in.

Throughout the night I couldn't help but pick up on subtle insults that Darren would throw Jaden's way... I have to say, I don't know how much more I can take of it.

"So, it's a privilege to meet you Clover, we've never met any of Jaden's... females" Darren says sternly, keeping his eyes on Jaden.
They'd been giving eachother death stares throughout the whole of dinner.
I rest my hand on Jaden's knee, squeezing it so he'd look at me.
"You okay?" I mouth.
He nods and looks down at the table.

"So what do you kids get up to these days?" Amy asks.
"Well I'm currently helping Jaden write a song" I smile, earning one from Jaden too.
"Oh what's it calle-" "Jaden, writing a song, pfffttt bet that's bad" Darren cuts Amy off.

"RIGHT THATS IT IVE HAD IT" Jaden yells standing up.
"All fucking night long and whilst I was living here you couldn't say a single nice thing could you, you'd always hated me... I'm just like my father and that bothers you huh?" He continues yelling.
"Babe calm down" I whisper grabbing onto his hand.
"Jaden sit down and let's talk about this" Amy advises.
"No, I'm done, I am so fucking done" he yells, storming out.

"Ugh just ignore him clover, he's such an attention seeker, always has been" Darren says to me.

Jaden's Pov

"Ugh just ignore him clover, he's such an attention seeker, always has been" Darren says.
I close my eyes tight and let the tears fall.
Oh how I hated him.

"You know what-" Clover raises her voice.
My eyes widen and I look towards the door of the dining room.

"I have sat here all evening listening to you criticise the most important person in my life so I'm here to tell you that you're a horrible fucking person. Fuck you! I'm sorry Amy I have to go-" she yells, rushing out after me.

Holy fuck I'm so in love with her.
She pulls me into a hug and I cry on her shoulder.
She gently rubs the back of my neck.
"It's okay, it's okay I'm here" she whispers, gently kissing my cheek.
I grab her hand and pull her outside.
"You wanna go home?" She questions.
I wipe a tear from my cheek and nods.
"But can I show you something first?" I ask.
"Of course, anything" she smiles.

I lead her down an alley way to a gate that was covered by leaves.

I open the gate and she gasps.
I close the gate again and she walks out infront of me, taking in the scenery.
"This is my father's garden... my biological father, he took pride in it so whenever I come over this way I always check up on it... keeping the garden is like keeping him" I say softly.
"Jaden, it's beautiful" she grins.
We take a seat on the bench and she grabs my hand, tearing up a little.
"I know what this is like, I lost my father too, not long ago" she says. "Wait really?" I question.
She nods, "motorcycle accident" she says.
"Clover I'm so sorry" I say, wiping her tears away.
"It's not your doing" she whisper softly, quoting me from earlier.
I pull her onto my lap and hold her gently.
"Atleast I lives worked out eventually" I say, kissing her forehead.
"They did?" She questions.
"We found eachother" I smile. She leans forward, placing a kiss on my lips and I, of course, kiss her back.

I pull away and rest my forehead against hers.
"Come on, lets get you home" I whisper.