Calm, Before The Storm

I couldn't wait to get to school Monday to tell Lelani all the details. I had just fucked for the first time and I wanted her to know everything. I got to school and headed towards the cafeteria to meet up with Quincy. He was sitting in our usual spot. " Hey baby, How are you? I said as I gave him a peck. " Better now, How you feeling gorgeous, he replied. " Like a new woman, I said." We both burst into laughter and he said, " Me too." As we sat and chatted time slipped away. Next thing I knew, the bell was ringing and he was leaving for trade school. I headed to first period to start my day. As I entered the classroom I spotted my bestfriend right away. I walked over to my desk in front of her and put my bookbag on the back of the chair. I sat down and started doing my bellwork. I could feel her eyes burning a hole through the back of my head. I turned around and she was looking at me with her arms folded and eyebrow raised. " Spill it bitch, she said " I burst out laughing and began to tell her every detail. " " Ewwww, Alana, you are one nasty bitch!!!" As we laughed and talked about how my weekend went my other friend Raven came in the classroom. Raven, Dominique, Gabriel and I had grown closer while Lelani was away. Lelani didn't like any of them but she could be cordial in their face. Raven passed on a message to our teacher and then headed towards my desk. " Alana, guess what, she asked. "What, I said excitedly." Lyla is transferring here next year, she said with excitement. I did my best to keep the smile on my face when she gave me the news. " That's great, good for her, I said. " Well girl I just came in here to relay a message and to tell you that, we'll talk more in fourth period, she said as she left. Staring off into space I couldn't believe what Raven had just told me. Lyla, out of all people. Lyla's coming back. Quincy's ex Lyla. I snap back into reality to Lelani bumping my shoulder. " Girl why do you look shook, she asked. " LeLe, I took that girls man back in the day as a joke. What if she does the same to me, I asked. " Girl this aint no damn middle school. You and Quincy are officially official. That ho don't want no smoke and you know this, she said. I shrugged my shoulders and turned around to do my work. I couldn't help but think about Lyla and if things would be different when she got here. I already knew the answer to that question. I just didn't want to face it. Karmas a bitch. The day went on and finally came the last period of the day. As I sat in gym class, in comes my new friend Kiwambi. Kiwambi was what we called a dyke. She liked girls and she acted like a boy. We became really close over the year. She went to trade school with Quincy. She was kind of my eyes and ears there. " What's up Lana, she said. " I cant call it, what you finna get into, I asked. "Shid you know me, these hos aint gone trick themselves. We both laughed off her joke. She proceeds to the court in front of the bleachers to play all around the world. "Have you seen Quincy, I yelled to her. Just as the words flew out of my mouth in he walks. He had the biggest smile on his face. I was curious to know why. He walks up to me and says, " Bae, my daddy bought me a MUSTANG!!!!" My mouth dropped to the floor. " Are you serious, I said excitedly. " Yes, I'm fucking serious look!!" He hands me his phone and shows me the black mustang parked in his parents garage. "Oh My God, this is amazing baby, congratulations, I said. I leaned over and kissed him on the lips. " I'm finna go chop it up with T, I'll be back, Quincy says. As Quincy walks away my mood immediately turns grey. Everything was going right for me. I just couldnt help but feel like something big was coming my way.