Kiwambi

Ehhh, Ehhh, Ehhh, Ehhh. Tap!! My eyes shot open at the sound of my alarm going off. I waited 10 minutes; to see if anyone else had been disturbed by the blaring sound of my 2am murder alarm. Quiet as a mouse. Everyone was sound asleep and I was ready for action. I slipped on a pair of blue jean and threw on a black hoodie. I slid my feet into a pair of red toms and grabbed my oversized teddy bear. I placed the bear in my bed and threw the covers over it. Careful not to make any noise. I picked up my suitcase with both hands. Tiptoeing down the hall. First I passed Janay's room. Then my aunts. Lastly Akyrahs and made my way into the kitchen. I sat my bag down by the back door and silently unlocked each lock. Our back door had an old screen door attached to it that squeaked whenever you entered or exited. I prayed a silent prayer to God before I attempted to open it. " Don't forget to turn on the gas," said my subconscious mind. I glanced back at the stove and contemplating on whether to turn on the gas. The plan was to turn on the gas and let it run for 10 minutes. Once the house was all filled up with the smell of gas. I would light a match and flick it into the kitchen. Then boom!! All four of those bitches would be cooking in hell. Then I started to think about my life. I could make something out of myself if I just got away from them. A murder case wasn't going to help me. Let alone four. It would only put me on their level. I would be no better than what they were. I would die before anyone ever compared me to them. I shook off the thought of killing them all and focused on the squeaky door hinge. I pushed the handle and wrapped my hand around the spring at the top of the door. Fuck!! " How am I going to grab my suitcase," I thought to myself. I let go of the handle causing the door to slam against me. Mmmmpop!!! Letting go of the handle caused the door to make a loud noise. " Jesus please help me," I said. He must've heard me because no one in the house was disturbed. I quickly grabbed my suitcase and shut the back door closed. I let go of the screen door and headed towards the patio door. The sky was black as charcoal and there were only three street lights. The sounds of crickets chirping and mosquitos buzzing filled the air. We lived deep in the country. Hell we only had two neighbors. I opened the patio door and hauled ass next door with my suitcase. I had to get out of there fast. Just in case somebody woke up and saw that I wasn't there. I knocked on my neighbors door but my knocks went unanswered. I couldn't let that stop me. I grabbed my suitcase and ran to the next house. I placed my suitcase at the bottom of their driveway. I didn't want to look like I was running away. I'm far from stupid. The neighbors house I was approaching happened to be my math teachers residence. I began to walk up the hill that lead to her house. Two Great Danes howled at the smell of an unfamiliar presence. I finally made it to the top of the hill and rung her doorbell. " Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong, Dong, Ding, Dong, Dong said the fancy ass doorbell. The foyer lights quickly turned on and my math teacher unlocked the door. " Alana, is everything alright sweetie, she asked with squinted eyes. " Yes, mam. Everything is fine. My family and I were just coming back from a vacation and were having some car trouble down the road here. Do you mind if I use your phone to call Triple A, I asked. " No, no you go right ahead. Give me one second." She left to go grab the house phone. I dug in my pocket to pull out Kiwambi's telephone number. " Here you go sweetie, said my math teacher. " Thank You," I replied. I stepped away from her front door so that she couldn't hear my conversation. I dialed Kiwambi's number but no answer. I dialed again. No answer. " Come on, pick up. Pick up!! I need you," I said to myself. God must've gave Kiwambi a nudge because the next thing I knew she was on the other end of the line. " Hello, Kiwambi said in a groggy voice. " Kiwambi!!! Oh my God!!! Thank goodness you picked up. I need you. My aunt just put me out of the house and I really don't have anywhere to go. Can you please come and get me? I'm at Mrs. Grants house. The one on top of the hill, I explained. " Yeah, yeah. I got you Lana. I'm leaving right now. I'll be there in 10 minutes," said Kiwambi. " Thank You Kiwambi. I'll see you soon." I hung up the phone and let out a huge sigh of relief. " Is everything alright," asked Mrs. Grant. " Yes, mam. Everything is going to work out just fine. Thank you so much for letting me use your phone. I'm going to head back to my family now. I'm sorry to have disturbed your sleep. Yawl have a good night now," I said with a smile. " No problem Alana. I hope everything works out," said Mrs. Grant. I turned away from her and walked back down the hill. I sat on top of my suitcase on the side of the road and waited for Kiwambi's tan Toyota to appear. Five minutes later she was pulling up to Mrs. Grants driveway. I opened the door to the backseat and threw my suitcase in. I hopped in the front seat and hugged my friend Kiwambi. " Thank you for coming to get me. I didn't know who else to call, I said. " It's cool Lana. What the fuck happened, she asked. Her question made a million thoughts spiral and mix in my head. Causing me to sit back and really wonder. "How the fuck did I get here?"