Runaway Love

It took us 20 minutes to arrive at Kiwambi's house. I filled her in on every detail. " Gotdamn Lana. That's fucked up. Shid we got to come up with something to tell my mama though. You know she gone ask you what happened," said Kiwambi. " Yeah I know. I'll just tell her that me and my aunt got into an argument. Resulting in her putting me out. We we're arguing over the fact that I was dealing with an older man and she kicked me out of the house. Will yo mama believe that, I asked. " Shid we'll find out in the morning," said Kiwambi. We pulled up to her house and we both got out of the car. Everyone was silently asleep as we entered her home. We went into her room and proceeded to go to bed.

        "Alana. Alana, said Kiwambi. I was awakened to Kiwambi nudging my shoulder. The smell of sausage, eggs and grits filled the air. " Ummm, what Wambi, I said still halfway asleep. " My mama in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Why don't you get up and come get some while it's hot. Get yo shit together first though. Cause as soon as you done with your breakfast she gone want the whole run down of what happened between you and your aunt," said Kiwambi. " Alright man. Give me 10 minutes." As Kiwambi exited the room I began to go over the story I was going to tell in my head. I got up and grabbed the face towel and tooth brush off of the dresser that Kiwambi had laid out for me. After brushing my teeth and washing my face I proceeded towards the kitchen. " Well Good Morning Ms. Thang. How are you feeling, asked Mrs. Walker. She was putting out plates of eggs, sausages, pancakes, and grits on the table. " Good Morning Mrs. Walker. I'm doing alright, I said with a smile. I sat down and put two pancakes, one sausage and a spoonful of grits and eggs on my plate. " Thank you for breakfast," I said. " You're welcome sweetie. Now you know I'm going to ask. So you may as well go ahead and tell, she said with a smile as she sat down at the table. I laughed and finished chewing the rest of the food in my mouth. Giving Kiwambi a quick glance for reassurance. Kiwambi nodded her head towards me. Giving me the ok. " My aunt found out I was dealing with an older man and she kicked me out," I said nonchalantly. " So yawl was arguing at 2 in the morning about you being with an older man, Mrs. Walker asked. " Think quick," said my subconscious mind. " That's when my uncle decided to tell her. See, the guy I was dealing with Ermias told his bestfriend about us. His bestfriend told my cousin Janay. Then my cousin Janay told her sister Akyrah. Then they both told my uncle. He said he couldn't keep a secret like that away from my aunt so he ended up telling her late last night. Once she found out she woke me up out of my sleep yelling and cursing at me about dealing with Ermias. She was upset because we had had sex. One word led to another and before I knew it she was threatening me and my family. I was scared for my life. Her daughter and I got into a fight and she kicked me out, I said with tears forming in my eyes. " It's okay baby. We'll talk more about this when I get off. I got to head to work now. In the mean time just make yourself comfortable. You're safe here," she said as she rubbed my shoulder. I nodded my head in agreeance to what she had said and continued to finish my food. I looked up at Kiwambi and she had a smirk on her face. I burst out laughing at the sight of her face. " Man you crazy," I said to Kiwambi. " Nah you wild, said Kiwambi while laughing. Five minutes later we were finishing up our breakfast and getting ready to leave. " You deserve an Oscar Lana. You almost made me cry, Kiwambi said while laughing.
" Guh shut the fuck up. I had to make it seem real. What we finna get into today, I asked excitedly. " Shid whatever you want to do. Ion care." "Let me use your phone real quick to call my mom." Kiwambi handed me her cell phone and I dialed my mother's number. It didn't even ring and she was on the other end. " Hello!! Alana, is that you, my mother said in a panic. " Yeah mama, it's me what's wrong, I asked. " Oh thank God. Your aunt called me not too long ago looking for you. She said you ran away. Is that true?" " Yes mama, I did. Only because she was threatening us. She said she would kill you, me, shay and shay's baby. I couldn't take it anymore mah. Eventually she was going to hurt me or I was going to hurt her. So I left." " Well where are you?" " I'm at my friends house. Her mother is going to let me crash here until I get everything together." " Ok Alana. I'm going to call your sister and see if she can come pick you up. If she can't come get you. I will. I'm going to bring you home baby. Far far away from those people. Ok Alana?" " Alright mama. If you need me call this number. I just wanted to let you know where I was and that I'm safe." " Alright, talk to you soon. Bye-Bye." I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse to get ready to leave. " Here you go Wambi." I tossed her phone towards her. We then proceeded to leave. " Where to," she asked. " Girl you already know what's on my mind, I said with a smile. We both burst out laughing. Saying at the same time, " Quincy."