Blue Skies

So schools out and it's time to do summer things. Kiwambi would come pick my cousin Akyrah and I up to go do dirt. We didn't go out looking for shit to get into. It just happened. Kiwambi was more so my friend than my cousins. I just couldn't leave the house without a chaperone. Throughout the beginning of summer I would get Kiwambi to drop me off at Quincy's house. Just to fuck. We fucked outside his house. In a truck. On the porch. In the bathroom. We fucked anywhere. Anytime. Anyplace. When he looked at me he had love in his eyes. I was convinced he was the one for me. He was my first and I was his. Nothing was breaking us up. Until things took a turn for the worst. I met Ermias. The first time I ever met him was at the basketball court. Janay was watching her boyfriend and some other guys play basketball while we sat in the car. I saw him on the court and asked Janay who was he. She told me and then she said," Why? You must like him? " " Nah girl, you know I go with Quincy. Plus he looks grown as fuck, I said. " He is. He's 23. You want me to tell him that you like him, she asked. " No, no don't tell him that, I said seriously. Janay called her boyfriend Michael over to the truck anyway. She told Michael that I liked Ermias and he relayed the message. Ermias told Michael that I was too young and he was cool on me. So the next weekend is here and we're over Michaels house again. A black Tahoe pulls up in the yard banging. I get my high ass off the couch and look out the window and I see Ermias. He had on a pink button down polo shirt, khaki shorts with white forces. He was short. About 5'7 and was a dark chocolate complexion. He had the prettiest teeth and his lips were thick and juicy. My heart immediately dropped to my ass. I began grooming myself to make sure I looked presentable. After I finished primping in the mirror I went and sat back on the couch. He finally came in the house and he asked me where was Michael. I told him where and he proceeded to find him. They both came in the living room and began talking in front of me. I made it seem as though I wasn't listening. Ermias was telling Michael he was about to go fishing and was asking him about some reels. Just as they were wrapping their conversation up in walks Janay. She sat on the couch next to me and asked Ermias what he was about to do. Ermias told her fishing. " Don't catch too much out there, she said with a smirk. " What is you talking about Janay, he said aggressively. She looked at me and said " You know Ermias is a ho right? I looked back at him and smiled. He smiled back at me and said " Let me get out of here." So he left. The liking of a Facebook post lead to Ermias and I kiking. We talked for hours consistently everyday. He showed genuine interest. At least I thought it was genuine. He understood me and was my listening ear when I felt I had no one. I felt like I was cheating on Quincy but it was just conversation. No harm could be done from a convo or so I thought. The more we talked the more we connected. The more we connected the more we opened up. The more we opened up the more we wanted each other. It was the strongest attraction I had ever had in my life and I loved the thrill. The rush of talking to an older man who knew all the ins and outs was exhilarating. He always knew what to say. He always knew just the right buttons to push. Love had sprouted in my heart and I didn't even realize it. It's a Saturday night and we're at Michaels house again. We were all high and I decided to go outside for fresh air. A few minutes later Ermias came outside too. We had been talking for a while so we weren't strangers anymore. We both knew how the other one felt. We decided that we were going to pursue whatever it was between us. Not caring what other people would think. We just had to keep it on the low. So we played a game of one on one. He didn't even let me win. He whooped my ass in basketball. He even hit me on the butt with it. We laughed and flirted underneath the stars. He was my little boo thang and I was his. It was fresh. It was new. It was a real man. Not a little boy like Quincy who broke up with me over small things. Quincy had been slipping lately and Ermias had been there to pick up. Quincy and I constantly argued over him messaging other bitches. It seemed like that car had went to his head and he was feeling himself. I wasn't going for the shit. I decided, I was going to have my cake and eat it too. As the basketball game ended, I pouted because he didn't let me win. As I headed back in the house Michael was coming out the door. I crashed on the couch that was by the garage door. Soon after Michael walked out Ermias walked in. " Ermias stop, I said while laughing uncontrollably. He was tickling me on the couch. Then we started to play wrestle. As we laughed and played a moment of silence fell upon us and our eyes locked. We just stared at one another. Panting deeply. It seemed as though the world stopped and we were the only ones on it. My heart started beating out of my chest as he leaned in for a kiss. His lips were soft, wet, and thick. It was special. It was unique. It was our first kiss.