The Last Laugh

Our vacation was over. Now it was time for me to renter the prison. Instead of taking my laptop back my aunt whitelists all my devices. I never knew she actually had a brain until now. This bitch was getting creative with this punishment shit. A new movie dropped in the theatre downtown and everyone went to see it. Leaving me at home alone. I didn't have a way to connect to the internet. They all had taken their devices. There was no way for me to communicate with anyone. Except for the house phone. Before my aunt left she told me not to touch her phone. That she would know if I did and if I did there would be hell to pay. Fuck that. This was my only shot at some form of communication. You think I'm not gone take it? I picked up the house phone and contemplated on who to dial. During our vacation I spoke with Quincy. I gave him the rundown on everything. Of course I didn't tell him the real reason why I was on punishment. I just made up a lie that I knew he would believe. Calling him now would be too risky. He would call back if he checked his caller ID and saw a missed call from me. Instead I called my mother. She picked up on the first ring. " Hey mama," I said in my baby voice. " Hey Lana, how you been? I haven't heard from you in months. Every time I call your aunt says you can't come to the phone. What's going on," she asked. " Mama, Auntie put me on punishment," I said. " For what," she yelled. I then proceeded to tell her the entire story. " I'm so disappointed in you Lana. How could you do something like that? You know you know better than to be out there acting like you grown. You need to be on punishment. You deserve that right now. I agree one hundred percent with the decision your aunt has made. What I don't agree with is how no one else is being punished but you. Why isn't Janay on punishment? She was the adult there. She had no business leaving you in a hotel room alone with a grown man. Akyrah should've watched after you instead of drinking herself to death. Then maybe none of this would've even happened. They ass gone hear from me. I guarantee you that," she said. " No, mama. That's just gone make everything worst. I have to live here. You don't. I'm not even suppose to be on the phone right now. I had to sneak to call you. They should be on their way back any minute now," I said. " Lana I don't give a damn about what you saying right now. Your aunt is gone hear what I have to say. I'll call you back," said my mother. " No, mama pleeeease. You just gone make it wor-. Before I could finish my sentence my mother hung up on me. I could tell she was furious. There was no stopping her. I just had to hold on until this wave passed over. I cleared the call history and made sure when you hit redial it dialed the last number that my aunt entered. I put the phone back on the charger and laid in my bed. Preparing myself the best that I could for what was coming up ahead.
It seemed as though my mother could smell my aunt come home. As soon as they hit the door. The phone rang. It was my mom. " Rachel I then told you that Alana can't come to the phone. She's on punishment," said my aunt. " Yeah she told me everything that happened. I just got one question to ask. Why in the fuck ain't yo daughters on punishment? They're the ones who was suppose to look after her. They're the fucking adults," yelled my mother. My aunt took my mother off speaker phone and they let each other have it. Bitch this, ho that, muthafucka this, muthafuckah that. They were at each other's throats. All because of me. Click!! My aunt had hung up in my mothers face. " ALANA!!!! GET YO ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW, yelled my aunt. I was done taking shit. I exited my room and stomped towards the kitchen. " Didn't I tell you not to touch my muthafucking phone, yelled my aunt. " Yeah, I responded nonchalantly. " YEAH, my aunt said with disbelief. My aunt begins to walk towards me. She came so close to me. She was right in my face. With gritted teeth she said, " You got your coke head ass mother and your dumb ass sister calling my phone talking all that RARA shit. If you ever touch my phone again, I'm gone break yo muthafucking face. I'll kill you, yo mammie, yo sister, her husband and yo sister newborn baby. Now get the fuck out my face you stupid bitch," yelled my aunt. Her words cut me like knives. I marched to my room and went straight to my closet. I was done. I had finally found myself on the outside of the pack. She blatantly threatened me and my family. To my face!!! There's three things Alana don't play about. My mother, sister and brother. You come for them. You coming for me. If you send for me. You best of believe I'm showing up. Her words triggered the evil side of me and there was no going back. I began to yank clothes off of hangers in my closet. In the process of doing so my cousin Akyrah walked into my room. " Alana, what are you doing," she asked. I didn't respond to her. I just kept on packing. She left my room and went to her mother's room. " Mama, I think Alana is going to run away," she said. " I don't give a fuck where that bitch goes," yelled my aunt. That's all the security I needed. I finished packing all of my clothes and set an alarm on my clock for 2am. I laid down in my bed because I had a big day ahead of me. I was ready. It was time for me to run. It was time for me to leave. The thought of taking all of their lives made me even more excited for my 2am buzzer to ring.