Blessing In Disguise

Wheeeeeeer, Wheeeeeer, Zunnnnnnnnnnnnn. The sound of the lawn mower being cranked woke me up. I picked up the house phone to see what time it was. 12:47pm. I had slept in. As I stretched and yawned in my bed I heard a knock at my door. "Come in," I said. It was Akyrah. " Daddy said come outside and help pick up these pinecones," she said aggressively. " Alri-, Slam. Before I could even finish replying she had slammed the door back shut. " The fuck is up her ass today," I thought to myself. I climbed out of bed and slipped on a pair of shoes. Since I didn't take a shower last night; there was no need to change my clothes. After all I was about to go out in the blazing sun to pick up pinecones. The sunlight blinds me as I walk out of the house. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. Admiring the beauty of the day. My uncle Darnell, Janay and Akyrah were all huddled in a circle. " What the fuck are they doing," I thought to myself. I walked over to them and I immediately knew something was wrong. My uncle looked at me with sadness in his eyes. While my cousins stared at me with anger. " What's wrong, I asked. My uncle lets out a long sigh. " Your aunt knows about you and Ermias." Lub-dub. Lub-dub. Lub-dub. I could hear my heart beating. " Wwwwwhat do you mean, I stuttered. " Girl cut the shit. We know he gave you head at the hotel; the night of my party, said Janay. I dropped my head in shame and twiddled with my fingers. " So what did Auntie say," I asked. " She's mad as hell. I don't know what she's thinking or what she's going to do," said my uncle. " Well where is she," I asked. " She had a doctors appointment this morning. She went grocery shopping too. She should be on her way back from shopping now," said my uncle. " Ok. I'm going to go pick up these pinecones, I said. As I picked up pinecones Janay and Akyrah remained in a huddle. Discussing my decision making. It felt like I rose out of my body and was watching everything unfold before me. Fifteen minutes later we were all entering the house from doing yard work. We all sat down at the kitchen table. I was still fiddling with my fingers. " Why Alana? Why would you do something like that," asked Akyrah. I shrugged my shoulders at her question without looking up. " How did she find out," I asked. " Well Michael told Janay. Then Janay told Akyrah. Then Akyrah and Janay told me. I couldn't keep a secret of that magnitude from your aunt. It would've caused us problems if she found out I knew and didn't tell her. So I told her last night. When she gets here just let her talk. Just accept whatever your punishment is and go to your room," said my uncle. I nodded my head in agreeance to what he had said. " I'm about to go hit this shower. It's gone be alright Lana," said my uncle as he headed for the bathroom." I got next," said Akyrah. " No. I'm going next, said Janay. While they bickered about who would take a shower next my mind went blank. My body went numb. This is it. This is the day that it all blows.
Forty-Five minutes later everyone has had a shower. As I dried off and put on some clothes; I couldn't help but feel like life as I knew it was over. Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep!!! My aunt was finally home. My heart sped up at the thought of what was about to happen next. I heard the front door slam open. BOOM!!! My body jumped and my eyes closed tight at the sound. " Alana!!! Get yo ass in this kitchen, RIGHT NOW!!!!! I opened my door and walked towards the kitchen. Everyone was standing around the table. I stood facing them. I lifted my head laying eyes on my aunt. Her eyes were as red as fire. I could've sworn horns were on the top of her head. " Mam, I said in almost a whisper. " What the fuck is this shit I hear about you and this grown as man? " Wwwwho?" " Don't play fucking dumb with me Alana. Ermias!!! What the fuck happened between you and Ermias!!!?" " H-he gave me oral." " What the fuck is oral!!?" " He ate me out." She was shocked at the words that were coming out of my mouth. Surprised that I was actually telling her the truth. As if I had any other choice. " So you grown now? So you having sex now? Well since you so grown, I'm not gone take you to the doctor. Whatever he gave you, I'm gone let you itch. I hope whatever he gave you eat yo ass UP!!! That gotdamn laptop. It's mine!! That house phone? It's coming up out of your room. That muthafucking tv? It's coming up out of there too. That stereo? Gone. Your door? Is coming off the muthafucking hinges. Do you understand me!!?" " Yes, maam." " Ion see why she over there trying to act all innocent. She wasn't innocent when she was out there fucking. Stupid bitch," said Janay. I snapped!! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU TALKING TOO BITCH!!!" " YOU BITCH!!!said Janay. I charged towards Janay swinging. " Aye, Aye, cut that shit out, said my Uncle Darnell. " Alana move, said my cousin Akyrah as she pushed me out of the kitchen onto the patio. " Yawl want to fight in my house?!!! Yawl really gone fight and disrespect me in MY OWN DAMN HOUSE, my aunt yelled. As I sat on the bench on the patio. I began to calm down. " Aye, come on back in the house, said my Uncle Darnell. Akyrah and I entered back into the house. " Darnell, Janay and Akyrah. Go get everything out of Alana's room. I don't want to see nothing in there but a bed and a damn floor. Now," my aunt yelled. " Alana, go to your fucking room and don't even think about asking me to come out. Yo ass is grounded until I say otherwise." I headed to my room and planted my ass on my bed. My life was over!! The sound of cords being ripped from the walls and nails being screwed out of the door sent me into a trance. My whole life was gone right before my eyes. Prison was my new reality.