He Who I Never Imagined

LORELEI

HINDI KO alam kung ilang beses na akong napabuntong-hininga sa araw na 'to. Ngayon lang kasi pumasok sa utak ko ang posibleng kahihiyan na matatamo ko sa oras na malaman nila ang totoo.

I was walking down the hallway when I stopped in front of the room of student executive committee. The door was slightly opened and I was about to walk away when a conversation made me halt.

"What's the message this time?" It was Maggie speaking, near the door. Perhaps she is behind.

Luthor's calm but deadly voice sounded. "To: Luthor Mendez. Greetings Mr. Vice President! You—"

"You hold something important, do you have no plan of surrendering it back to the real owner? As you can see, this is my third message for you. I have been wondering if my letters reach your cold hands that were able to touch my fragile heart. How have you been, Mister? Are things going rough for you or Maggie is there to help you? I am fully aware of the responsibilities you have as an officer of the council and the fact of how you like to act behind the shadows. It amazes me how you are able to maintain peace and order in the campus. Please take care of your health and don't stressed out yourself. Yours truly, the girl he never noticed," pagtatapos ni Maggie sa binabasa ni Luthor. "Do you have any idea who this is?"

"If I do have an idea, I still will not tell you who it is," he answered.

I heaved a sigh. I decided to go to our clubroom.

What caught my interests earlier is the thought that Luthor do mind his admirers. It wasn't obvious that he has the time to care for those.

Naabutan ko silang tatlo na nasa loob. Jamie and Loki are playing blind chess, I guess. Al is using his cellphone.

"Check," Jamie declared.

They made moves and I didn't want to listen to it. My mind might apply their moves. Baka mamaya ay naglalaro na pala ako ng chess mag-isa.

"Check again, Loki-dear," aniya.

Pieces moved again.

"Mate!" Jamie declared happily. Napatingin kaming dalawa ni Al sa kanila. "I won again! Yey!"

Loki smiled, acceptance of defeat is visible in his face. "Congratulations."

Pinatong ni Jamie ang dalawang siko sa ibabaw ng mesa at inilapit ang mukha kay Loki. "So what's my prize, Loki-dear?"

"Do I need to reward you?" asked Loki.

She nodded. "Of course, because I won against you."

"Next time then," sagot ni Loki.

Jamie sat back properly on her seat and remained silent. Nagulat na lang kami nang bigla siyang magsalita.

"Do you know that Luthor has an admirer?"

Dahil sa sinabi niyang 'yon ay nakuha niya ang atensyon ng dalawa—Loki and Al. Alam ko naman na ang tungkol doon. Narinig ko kanina sa mismong bibig nila Maggie.

"He was able to attract someone with his attitude, huh?" said Loki, unbelievably. Would he continue his words and answer the question "Why I hate my brother?"