The Twist of the Life

LORELEI

THERE ARE happenings in our life that we do not expect, and there are some things that we have expected to happen but didn't happen that way we foresaw it. One of these is my transfer here to Angeles City, Pampanga to bury the memories I had in Manila that hunt at night. When I arrived at the apartment complex owned by my aunt, I met Louis Kingsley Mendez or Loki for short. As the days have passed by, it dawned on me that he was not a typical high school student who busy himself by playing games or doing other teenage boys do. Wait, I was wrong in one part. Loki does games. A game between life and death. He loves that. Hindi ko nga lang inakala na bukod sa mga code ay mahilig din siyang humawak sa mga kaso. I saw it myself, part of it was how he loves theatrics. Because of what he did—which he seemed to enjoy actually—he earned a slap from me.

Habang tumatagal ay mas nagkakilala kami. Loki is the President of the QED Club, and I held the position next to him which was the Vice President. I never acknowledged the title though. There started our adventure as members of the club that solved cases, some which are actually petty ones. May mga pagkakataon na ring nalagay ako sa panganib. Thankfully, Loki was there to save me from danger.

Then, we had a client named Jaimie Santiago. She was a member of the Repertory Club. Ang problema niya ay iyong stalker niya. In exchange of solving the issue, she gave Loki a kiss on his lips.

Ilang buwan pagkatapos no'n ay nagulat na lang ako sa pagdating ng kababata kong si Alistair. He was a transferee of our school who eventually joined our club.

With all the cases we encountered as the members of the club, the biggest and the hardest one is the Moriarty case. Our search for M led to sacrifices of people—their lives and their honor. Sa dalawang 'yon, ang pinakamahirap tanggapin ay ang pagkawala ng buhay ng isang tao lalo na kung minsan mo ng tinuring na kaibigan.

"How are you feeling?"

I looked up to see the person who asked me. I tried to put on a smile.

Kahit ilang araw na ang nagdaan ay hindi sapat 'yon para maghilom ang mga puso namin sa nangyari. We were all broken, devastated to know that Jamie died because of us. Isa siya sa mga taong kinailangang isakripisyo ang buhay sa paghahabol namin kay Moriarty.

"Let's go."

Loki extended his hand to me, and I accepted it. Pinagpagan ko ang palda ng suot na damit at nagtapon ng tingin sa lapida ni Jamie. May mga natuyo ng bulaklak sa tapat nito. Baka galing sa mga kakilala o kaibigan niya na bumisita nitong mga nakaraang araw. The freshest one is the flower I left. I gave her one last smile although she won't be able to see it ever. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do hope that Jamie would see how we are doing right now. Hindi man gaanong maayos, ang mahalaga ay nakakakaya naming magpatuloy.

The death of the once well-known actress from Repertory Club, Jamie Santiago, shook the whole Clark High. Many students mourned an expressed their sadness during her burial. Until now, I couldn't accept that she is gone.

"Lori."

I snapped back when I heard Loki's gentle voice. Ang dating walang buhay niyang mga mata ay makikitaan na ngayon ng emosyon. Worry is written all over his face as he snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I am fine."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

Bago namatay si Jamie ay naging kami ni Loki. It happened so fast that I almost forgot how Jamie threw a tantrum when she heard the news, but then supported us eventually.

On her last breath, blood gushing out from her wounds and flowing down below her face, she made Loki promise.

"P-Promise me that you would marry my best buddy." She coughed and spat our more blood.

Project Loki Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara