An Arranged Marriage with a Mendez

LORELEI

COMMUNICATION IS really important. Lacking it can lead to confusion to one or both parties which can cause bigger problems. That's the issue about the case we had yesterday. The girlfriend poisoned her boyfriend because of some reasons that weren't cleared. They failed to settle it that brought someone to his death and someone to the jail.

"Are you okay, Lorelei? You seemed to be out of focus."

My eyes moved to Loki who was sitting across me in the table. We are currently eating our breakfast before heading to school.

My heart beat fast just by his simple question. It wasn't something unusual though. Loki Mendez tends to notice every little things like how I play with my food now means that I am bothered.

"Yes," I managed to mumble under my breath. I stood up and placed my plate on the sink to wash it.

"Say, Loki," I called out while we walk to our school. "Why would someone kill a person they love?"

"The case yesterday?"

I nodded. "They were in a relationship, right? How could someone do that to a person important to them?"

"As for their case," he explained, "emotions have reigned Grace—"

"It was Generose not Grace," pagtatama ko.

"that's why she killed Brace—"

"Bryan."

"What was the reason why she killed him again?" Sa halip ay tanong niya, not minding me correcting their names.

"Because she thought that Bryan cheated on her," I answered.

"That's right. She was overpowered by her jealousy."

"And if you let your emotions control you, it can turn you into someone you never expected to be."

That's why communication is important. We should not conclude things out of our datas without even asking the person.

"Have you ever been in a relationship, Lorelei?"

That question caught me off-guard. I never expected Loki to ask about my lovelife.

Somehow confused, I shook my head. "No, I haven't. Why?"

Why does he still need to ask about it? He is good at deducing just by merely looking at the subject. 

The classes went smooth. Some were boring like how they used to be. Teachers would just give the students their lesson and let them study it on their own. Some would give activities, specifically quizzes, without even teaching.

On my way to the clubroom, I felt chills ran down my spine. It's ber months so I think it's normal to have this coldness. However, it's not normal to have this kind of goosebumps everytime I bump into Luthor Mendez.

I greeted him and was about to leave him behind when his word made me halt from walking.

"Congratulations."