Chapter 6: Welcoming (Part 1)

Chapter 6: Welcoming. (Part 1)

Alicia:

It's been two weeks since we arrived in this world. I'm not sure how adjusted we've become but compared to my previous life, I like this one more. No debt collectors knocking at my door, no nasty men flicking their eyes at me but most importantly my brother is actually happy. He always used to play games and read books, something I'd berate him for till recently and now he's in this world it feels like he actually belongs here. I'm still scolding him and telling him to get his act together but now it feels like a joke. I can tell he's strong now. He doesn't need me watching over him like I used too but as his older sister, even if it was just by a few minutes, I'll continue to do my job. Besides this world is dangerous. No matter how strong we've become, they keep telling us we haven't reached our true potential. Seriously though, yesterday I punched something so hard it turned to dust. Just how strong do we need to become to survive? No, Dave said we're already plenty strong to survive normal life. It's too bad we're not here for normal life, we're here to be Heroes.

Thinking about Heroes, I don't particularly feel like one. I know I can be violent and impulsive but that's how we survived. She who strikes first wins. If anyone was a Hero I'd say it would be Carl or Dave. Carl just has a naturally caring personality and Dave well... he's got something about him. As much as I'd say my brother is trying, he's more in it for the fun. Sayuri is definitely focused about becoming stronger and we've been getting along nicely but I feel she still just wants to go home. Though sometimes I am surprised about her personality. It's not bad or anything, I'm just surprised she can be more impulsive than me and quite loud. The other day Dave played a joke on us that went a little too far and resulted in our dining table exploding. He really got an earful. I think all of us were surprised and eventually Carl had to calm her down.

It's been fun so far and this world is nice, though we haven't seen much. I guess all I can do is go with the flow and hope for the best.

Gary:

It's been two weeks since we got here and out of everything I've experienced so far, I'd have to say one thing. Magic is freaking awesome. My sis and the others don't really get the enjoyment of it. Sure they can cast spells and stuff but it's the complicated stuff that's really fun. It's like solving a puzzle that will result in a fiery explosion. If anything it's like solving electrical circuits, we're just given more components and everything is pretty much done in our heads. Still, compared to Master Heafest and Dave I feel like I'm eons away. Then again, they did say that a normal person would have taken years to reach my level.

A normal person huh? Apparently I'm a Hero in this world. I've read plenty of books and played games with that kind of theme so I know my job in general. I wonder if there's going to be a surprise twist, like the Demon Lord is the good guy or there is no Demon Lord. It doesn't feel like that though. The people here are earnestly trying to defend their lands from the demons but then again, good and evil is all a matter of perspective.

I'm not a Heroic person. If I see someone being hurt, I'd turn a blind eye. Deep down I know I'm a coward. If I tried to save every person I saw I'd be dead by now. I'm not like Carl or Dave who go out of their way to help strangers. Don't get the wrong idea though, I'd still help someone I knew and now that I've become so much more powerful, I guess I could help a few more people along the way.

My main goal no matter what else is to keep my sister safe. She's strong and she's always looked out for me. So this time I'll look out for her and considering that we're going to be charging at the Demon Lord, I have a long way to go to realise that goal.