Chapter 11: Journeying. (Part 2)

A few hours after we had left the Klerical Kingdom's Capital, we were eating lunch by the side of a river. The menu consisted of sandwiches and freshly brewed tea.

"What kind of place is Rentolt?" Gary asked as he took another sandwich.

"It's the third largest country on the human side and led by a Queen who goes by the name of the Red Beast of Rentolt," I answered.

"Beast?" Sayuri looked at me slightly concerned.

"She's called a beast because she can be quite un-lady like... or so I've heard. Out of the royalty on the human side she's considerably young and the only one who is directly involved in the military."

"How young?" Gary leaned closer to me.

"Don't even think about it," Alicia gave his forehead a flick.

Gary recoiled from the strike rubbing the now red spot, "It was just a question...."

"She's twenty five," I replied for Gary anyway.

"Wow, running a country at that age. Must be hard," Carl nodded in admiration. I smiled with empty eyes. He had no idea how hard it is and I was even younger than her.... though right now I had chucked all my duties on my father. I should buy him a present.

"That aside, Carl it's your turn to ask something from Dave," Alicia earnestly looked at him. Damn it, they still remembered my promise.

Carl rubbed his chin in thought, "I don't really have anything I want from him at the moment."

"Then can I go next?"

"Sure."

Alicia immediately turned to me expectantly, "Is that alright?"

I sighed, "What do you want?"

"I want to go to the beach!" she cheered.

"Huh?" It wasn't just me who reacted like that.

"The beach! You know ocean waves, relax on the soft sand, swimming and sun bathing."

"But there may not be anywhere like that in this world. It's not like our world and even monsters exist here," Carl said and looked at me for an answer.

"Hmmm, there kind of is," I replied in thought. The Heroes looked at me surprised, Alicia clapped in joy. I knew of a few towns on the demon side but as for the human side... "We're pretty far in land but we can head north to a port town in Rentolt. There is a place where people spend time at the beach but at this time of year the place may be crawling with monsters."

"Then we'll just have to kill them!" Alicia pumped her fist.

"But what about the Queen?" Sayuri asked, "Shouldn't we visit her first?"

"Nah, she can wait. Rentolt's capital isn't that far from it anyway." I stood up, "As the Heroes we have the right to play around if we want to!"

"...."

"It's fine," I said to Carl and Sayuri's dubious stares, "though it will take a few weeks to get there."

"I don't mind!" Alicia cheered again. She was getting more excited than Gary did. Was there something special about going to a beach?