Chapter 26: The Hero, The Heroes and The Demon Lord. (Part 3)

Davarious First Born Light of the Autumn Wind:

It was time to end this... well not really. Even if we kicked the Miltis Empire out they still existed and it would take way longer to actually stop them completely. Regardless, the Miltis Empire would no longer exist in the High Continent after this day. I had done a terrible thing to the Heroes but they forgave me. It took some time but their kind words helped me realise the things that were important, the things I needed to do now. I had left the battle for far too long and now the Human Kingdoms had pressed against the Empire in a stalemate.

In total fighting power, the Empire had the advantage even excluding if they launched a Monster into the midst. And if they did send a Monster in, the armies of both sides would be wiped out hurting hundreds of thousands of innocents. The Miltis Empire would be able to gather reinforcements and attack us again while we were recovering, dragging the war longer and longer until finally we would concede. Yes, in other words the Human Kingdoms had fallen into their trap. Even Lisanna who was blinded by grief. They believed that they would never sacrifice all their soldiers, an Empire that heartless couldn't possibly exist, but it did. Now with the majority of our fighting potential in one place, they could be wiped out all at once.

The Empire's army began to move forward and leading them was their stupid, soon to be squished into the ground, Hero. From my view point in the sky I could see Lisanna rally her knights as the vanguard and behind her Telius marched Elsbeth's army. I landed in front of them causing a theatrically big earthquake as the ground shattered.

"Var-, Davarious you're here," Lisanna said in a hastily controlled tone.

"I apologize for being gone so long," I bowed lightly. "My people needed time to grieve."

Her expression saddened, "I... I understand."

Telius appeared from behind her, "Davios, my condolences for your loss."

I held up my hand, "Thank you for your words but due to my neglect, your armies have suffered and now we find ourselves in a bad situation."

"We may be outnumbered but our knights are stronger than theirs and for what we can't make up in strength our tactics will cover." He stood proudly.

"You're wrong," I shook my head, "The Empire plans to send the same Monster that killed my father here. Your forces are too concentrated, it would be a bloodbath."

Telius was confused, "Our reports say you defeated it."

"One," I replied. "There is no telling how many more they have and don't think they care about their own men. I have seen what they are capable of."

"Then what do we do?" he growled. "If we retreat now they'll be on us regardless."

"Pull back you're men and leave it to me," I smiled.

"You can't be serious, even you can't-,"

Lisanna held him back, "Commander Rafhound, I have been charged to lead this army. We'll do as he asks. Alert the other Commanders to take pattern C and prepare for infiltration."

"Your highness, with all due respect we can't trust him entirely. He's still the Demon Lord."

"Telius," I waited for him to face me, "I won't be alone on this, so please trust me."