Aside: On the other side (Sayuri)

Sayuri:

My heart was still beating loudly as if it was trying to break free from my chest. I was in a familiar street not far from home. I was finally back in my own world. Same old cars, streetlights, roads and houses yet I couldn't take it in at all. My thoughts were all directed at that final minute with him. He actually liked me back. He said it himself and I was giddy with happiness but at the same time, right now there was no way I could talk to him. It was painful.

I finally calmed down and let the evening air brush over my senses. It was different. Not bad, but it lacked something I had taken for granted. From where I was it wouldn't even take me five minutes to walk home. My mum and brother were probably beyond worried by now. However I couldn't just barge in carelessly, right now I needed to act calmly and find the best solution. There was no one here who could cover for me now. I couldn't rely on Dave to save me. Even if my life wasn't in any danger, this was something I had to do on my own.

First I went to the nearest convenience store and checked the date. 25th of March, two days after I had disappeared. Next I walked outside and threw myself into a nearby bush, purposefully getting myself dirty. With that done I headed to the police station. When I arrived the officer immediately recognised me as the girl reported missing two days ago.

He sat me down and called my mum. Before five minutes had even passed she ran straight inside and as she saw me, started to cry on her knees,

"Sayuri... I-I, thank god your safe,"

"Hi mum," I smiled guiltily.

She recovered quickly and stood up showing off a powerful attitude completely different to before, "Just where have you been?"

I flinched at her words. She could really just flip personalities so easily, though when I think about it I wasn't that much different.

"I went for a walk after school and got lost...." I lied but it was the best response. There was a forest not too far from my school and people had gotten lost in there before. It was a bit strange for me to but the smaller details could be swept aside.

"Why didn't you call for help?" my mum leaned over and started to inspect my body for any injuries.

"I lost my phone when I fell over. I really wanted to call you but I couldn't. Please don't be mad," I clenched my hands as my eyes began to water. Even if I was lying a relief poured into me. I had finally seen my mum again.

"I'm not mad. I'm just relieved," she hugged me. "Your brother will be so happy you're safe."

I returned the hug and smiled, "I'm home." And with those words my life in the other world began to feel so far away. Training every day, fighting monsters, travelling by cloud, camping outside and using magic. The only memory that stayed so close to mind were his words, 'I'll see you again.'