Chapter 1: Contest Entry

April 2021 Update: I decided that I have no motivation to continue to write my other fanfiction but I would like to make this one a bit better, ie. adding in my descriptive details/ develop Charlotte's character a bit more. It is not going to change the plot of the story nor very much just wanted to make it a bit more interesting to read and less bland :) 

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first fanfiction! I have written some in the past and posted them on a different account but never finished them. I decided to have a new start and actually plan a story out from start to finish.

I am currently in the midst of writing it, but I do have five chapters written. I will be going back to edit them after I finish the whole story, so right now, this is my rough draft!

If you have any questions, are confused about anything, or want clarification, please just ask!

I have made this story as if One Direction got back together in 2020, it is taking place in the present time, except without the Corona Virus cancelling everything, my ideal 2020.

I have also decided to leave Zayn out of this story, not because I don't think he deserves to be in the band, I do! Just because if they actually did get back together, I have no clue if he would rejoin the band or not because he left before the whole hiatus thing started. There is no hate towards Zayn! <3

I hope you enjoy it and thank you for reading!

P.S All of the photos used in this chapter are just the reference photos to help you visualize what I had in mind when writing. All the rights of the pictures go to the original creators!

***************************************************************************************

It's nine o'clock on a Friday morning, and I am just getting back from my morning run. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and I could tell spring has finally arrived in Ontario. I jog up the hill to my house and up the driveway. As I enter the air-conditioned filled house, I hear my mother calling me from her upstairs office. After saying hello to my adorable rescue puppy Cali, I head upstairs.

My mother is sitting in a big chair behind her desk, scrolling down Facebook, obviously hard at work, "You called for me?" I said as I entered the room red in the face and breathing heavy from my run. 

"Yeah! I found something that you might be interested in." She replies and waves me over behind her desk to take a look. On the screen is contest information, specifically looking for a photographer for a group of celebrities.

I have been doing photography since middle school and pursued it in college, just finishing a 2-year program last year. Since then, I have been doing side jobs and started to run my own business. Sadly, I have hit a dead end with clients, and nothing has been happening recently. My goal was to move out of my mother's place by 23, but that was put on hold. "Submit your most recent collection of photography pictures, and fill out the form and you will be contacted in a couple of days if you are chosen to compete," I read off the computer screen. "I wonder who the group of celebrities is?"

"I don't know, sweetie, but I think you should enter," she says and proceeds to send me the link to the website the contest details are on. My mother has always been my number one supporter for my photography and because I have hit a road block in my career she pushes me to get my prints out there to get noticed by bigger companies. 

"I'm not sure, maybe," I say unsure of my abilities and not wanting to get my hopes up of actually getting to work with celebrities. I thank her and heading to the bathroom to have a shower.