Chapter 5: Portraits Challenge

April 2021 Update: Doing edits :) Won't change much just adding more detail where needed :) 

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all doing good! This one is a bit long I am sorry, I got carried away.

Enjoy!

******************************************************************

Simon leaves, and it starts to set in that I am really gonna be starting this competition. It hadn't set in yet because I was getting used to being with these four goofballs for all hours of the day. But, when Simon told us good luck, I began to freak. Mia left the room to go get ready for the concert to start. The boys were continuing to warm up and pump each other up.

I remained on the couch, hands in lap, not moving, trying to not have a panic attack. My stomach started to cramp and my heart began pounding, I was having a hard time catching my breathe. The boys noticed and came to see what was up. "Char? You alright?" asked Liam as he and Niall sat opposite to me while Harry and Louis sat on the table in front of me.

I look up at them, they can see I am shaking a bit, "I-I," I begin to say but can't seem to get words out.

"You nervous?" Niall asks, putting his arm around me, my stomach fluttered, I nod slowly, keeping eye contact on the ground in front of me. 

Harry puts his ring filled hand on my knee ,"You are going to do a good job, after seeing the photos you took of us last night, you do not have anything to worry about," he says, trying to cheer me up.

"Yes, you know what you are doing, and whatever happens, you are going to do an amazing job," Niall says as his Irish accent rings through my ears. Just hearing him talk feels so comforting for some reason.

Louis puts his hand on my other knee, "Everyone gets the first time jitters, while this is a big contest,  I know you are going to do a good job! I can feel it in my bones." he says, and I laugh a bit. I feel my heart rate begin to steady out and the knots in my stomach ease up. 

"We are nervous too because it is our first gig back as a band, we grew independently as artists and coming back together as a 'new' band, but old fans can be nerve-racking. Especially since we are testing new music out on the fans tonight," Liam says, spilling some information I had asked them about last night that they said they couldn't tell me until tonight.

"Let's all take a deep breath collectively and hug it out and get going," Niall suggests, we all held hands and stood up. "Three, two, one," Niall counts down, and we collectively take a deep breath, in and out. After we all have a big group hug, felt like home. 

I smile, "thank you, I really needed that, I feel much better." I say as I pick up my polaroid camera, Canon, and phone off the table. "Whatever happens, happens, and I am gonna be okay."

"You got this girl!" Niall says, smiling at me and pulling me in for another hug. I smell his cologne, and my stomach does another flutter. Damn what is happening to me, I need to focus on this contest not falling for this adorable Irishman. "I'll keep an eye out for you, mind if you get another good one of me, so after this is all over I can post it for my new profile picture?"

"Of course, Nialler," I smile and thank him again.

"Alright boys and Carter, we are ready to start, head backstage please, and Carter follow me please," I wave goodbye to the boys and tell them to break a leg. They wish me good luck one more time, and I follow Paul to the other side of the stage near the front barrier. "You got this, okay! I want you to stay here, so better prove yourself to Simon that you belong here!" Paul says, smiling at me.