Chapter 17: The Last Challenge

Hello Everyone! Here is the next chapter! I really enjoyed writing this and actually stayed up last 12 am finishing it! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Also, remember that none of the pictures are mine, just use them for reference so you can see how I imagined the picture turned out!

May 2021 Update: Another quick edit! :) Don't mind me! 

*************************************************

It has been a quiet morning. I woke up alone for the first time in a while. No one to talk to as soon as I woke up. No one to make me smile the minute I woke up. I hope he felt as shitty as I did waking up this morning.

I packed everything into my bag, and now I am just waiting for Harry because we are walking to the bus together.

Currently, I am sitting on my made bed watching some random TV show going through my camera roll deleting pictures that I know are already on my laptop. Finally, I hear the knock. Secretly wishing it was actually Niall at the door, I opened it without looking through the peephole. Nope. Just Harry.

"All ready, love?" Harry asks, giving me a sweet smile.

"Yep, let me grab my bag," I reply, turning around and walking back into the room to grab my bag. After leaving the room, Harry and I made small talk during the elevator ride and on the walk to the bus.

"Ready for tonight?" He asks as he opens the door to the bus.

"Yeah, I am excited, but also ready to be done stressing about getting incredible pictures. Photography is great when you aren't stressing about making it perfect. Sometimes it's about luck, and sometimes it's about taking your time and perfecting your craft," I explain as I climb up the steps into the bus.

"I can understand that," he replies as he closes the door behind him. "The X-Factor was great, but when you step away from the competition, you enjoy yourself so much more. Things can be still stressful, but a lot more fun."

I nod as I throw my bag on the couch and sit down next to it, "We the first ones down here?" I ask as I look around the bus.

Harry walks over to put his bag in his bunk, "No, Louis is passed out in his bunk."

"Right, I forgot he rather sleep on the bus than in the hotel room," I reply as Harry joins me on the couch. "This is gonna be the first time I see Niall since yesterday morning..."

Harry wraps his arm around me, "Just act normal; he will come around soon, just give him time."

I take a deep breath, "I know, it's just gonna be awkward, and I hate that." Right as I finished my sentence, the bus down swung open, and Niall and Liam walked in. Altogether avoiding my eye contact, Niall walks past Harry and I on the couch and goes straight to his bunk.

I look between Liam and Harry, who are still in the room, and Liam shrugs his shoulders, "Give him time," Liam repeats Harry's words as he walks into the back room.

The door swings open again, and Simon, Paul and Mia all enter the bus. "Everyone here? We ready to go?" Paul asks as he sits down at the table.

"Is Louis here?" Simon asks as he walks further into the bus.

Liam is coming back to the front of the bus and checks his bunk, "Completely passed out still, but he is here."

"Well, wake him up please, we are on our way to the venue," Simon insists as I feel the bus begin to drive away.

It probably took 15 minutes to get to the venue, but we finally made it, we unloaded the bus and headed into the building. I walked with Harry and Louis into the dressing room. While they began to warm up for their soundcheck, I sat down on the couch and grabbed my camera out of my backpack. I look over and see Mia chatting up Niall across the room. She's all giggly and cutesy; it is making me feel sick to my stomach.