Chapter 3: Contest Rules

Update April 2021: Just editing and adding more detail :) 

Please Enjoy Charlotte finally meeting the boys! Give me ideas of pranks they can either pull on Mia, Paul or Simon!

Stay Safe and Happy Reading!

*****************************************************

"It's nice to meet you, Paul, I am Charlotte Carter." I slowly stare all the way up to meet his gaze, he smiles.

"Nice to meet you to Charlotte," he says as he turns towards Mia, "that must mean you are Mia."

"Yes, nice to meet you," Mia replies, heading towards the open door Paul was holding for us. We head inside the beautiful hotel and towards the elevators. The hotel displayed a classic but vintage feel. Beautifully painted pictures lined the foyer and a bright red carpet ran below our feet. The hotel smelled of lavender and roses and each table in the lounge had delicate bunches of flowers in majestic glass vases. It looked like a scene out of a movie, you could tell rich people are the only ones able to afford this hotel.

"Well, I can confirm that the lads are extremely excited about meeting both of you," he explains as we wait for the elevator. "They've been jumping off the walls all day, be prepared for some craziness when we get up there. I honestly probably should not have left them alone upstairs, but Simon needed me to get you guys." 

I laugh as we enter the elevator, and he presses the 21st-floor button, "Is there anything we should know before meeting them?" I was trying to prepare for what I have gotten myself into, I could still feel my heart going crazy in my chest.

"Well Carter," he started using my last name which I thought was strange but must be a bodyguard thing, "Tomlinson is the one you need to keep a lookout for most, he is always looking for trouble. Payne can be a pain in your ass, but he can be the best behaved out of all of them. Styles and Tomlinson together, watch out, trouble is coming. Horan, however, is all laughs all the time, so while he may not be getting himself in trouble, if you hear him laughing, you know something has happened." Paul explains as the I watch the numbers on the top of the elevator increase, my stomach ached again but I pushed the pain to the side once again and powered through. 

"I already knew all that, I have been listening to them since they were on the X-Factor, so I believe I am prepared for this experience." Mia scolds at me, giving me the 'I am better than you' look. Little does she know that I also knew the majority of that but was just trying to keep someone talking, so we weren't just standing in the elevator, in silence. 

"Well, sweetie, you may think that, until you actually meet them." Paul laughs, and Mia rolls her eyes. The elevator doors open, and we see a blurry body run down the hallway and into a room further down. "Tomlinson, if that is you, you are gonna be in big trouble!" Paul yells down the hall as we step off the elevator and begin walking down towards the boy's rooms.

"This is going to be an interesting experience," I say somewhat under my breathe thinking no one heard me, but I hear Paul laugh slightly at my comment.

"I think you'll be okay," he comments as we approach the room the person ran into. "Lads we are coming in, you all better be decent." Paul opens the door, and we are met with a curly-haired gentleman standing shirtless in the middle of the doorway and a longer-haired skinny boy laying face first on the floor. The room smelled of old pizza and sweat which I would assume is a typical combination of smells when it comes to 4 men living in the same small confined space. "Care to explain yourselves?" Paul sighs as he closes the door behind us. 

"I am not sure what you are talking about," replies the Curly-haired boy, his deep voice rang slowly through my ears, and I watch the man who was on the floor, get up. "My name is Harold," he says, sticking out his hand.