Chapter 15: The Picture

Hello Everyone! I had more motivation to write today, mainly because I was trying to stay off social media today. This is a shorter chapter, but I hope you still enjoy it!

Thank you again for reading!

May 2021 Update: Just a bit of editing! 

********************************************************

*RING* *RING*

I sit up in bed, startled by my phone; I quickly grab it hoping it had not woke Niall. I answer it promptly, looking over to notice he was still asleep. "Hello?" I say into my phone.

"Charlotte? What have you done?" I hear the person on the other end say; I check my phone to find out it was Gabriella.

"What are you talking about? I haven't done anything. I have no clue what you are talking about," I reply baffled.

"Check your Instagram," Gabs says sternly.

I shake my head, trying to wake up a bit more as I get up and walk into the bathroom, putting her on speaker and pulling up Instagram. "Okay, I am on Instagram, what am I looking for?"

"Check your profile."

I flip over from my main feed to my profile, and that's when I see it. A recent post. Not of just me. Not of her. Of Niall and I. "WHAT IS THAT?! I DID NOT POST THAT!" I scream into my phone.

"Okay, calm down. It is going to be okay, you just have to explain that you didn't post it, someone must have hacked onto your iCloud account," Gabriella calmly explained.

"Gabs, I could get disqualified for this," I say, beginning to freak out. Pacing back and forth in the bathroom, I hear movement from the other room, "Niall's awake..."

"I am sure he will understand, just go explain the situation, you can call me back if you need me. I love you," Gabriella says before I hang up.

I try to calm myself down, splash water into my face, take a deep breath and open the bathroom door. Niall is on his phone when I walk back over to the bed. "What is this?" he says, showing me his phone screen with the picture on it.

"I swear I did not post that," I try to explain.

"Then who did Charlotte, I remember taking that picture, it was on your phone," I watch Niall begin to get visually upset.

"Niall, I swear it was not me, someone must have hacked my iCloud account," I say again.

"You know you could get kicked out for this, right? Why would you risk this just to post on Instagram, which you said you barely use anyway," he exclaims, getting out of bed and walking over to the door. "When you figure your shit out, come find me," he says, opening the door.

"Why don't you believe me when I say I didn't post it?" I scream as I run over to the door after watching him walk out of the room.

"Who else would have posted it Charlotte," he aggressively replies from down the hallway. "I thought you didn't care about the popularity. I am not some prize to be won." He turns and enters his original hotel room.

A tear rolls down my cheek, Louis pokes out of his room, "what's all the shouting about?"

I couldn't hold them back anymore; tears started streaming down my face as I run back to my room sobbing. I then realize I had not grabbed a room key before leaving the room; I locked myself out. Crying harder now at my stupidity, I turn around and slide down the door now facing into the hallway. I see Louis come out of his room and walk over to me, "Leave me alone, Lou, I am not in the mood."