7 - Family Fighting

Bellamy didn't let go of my hand as he dragged me through the trees roughly. I didn't know which way was camp, and the ground still felt unfamiliar and awkward under my feet, so I let him drag me, the wind whipping across my face. Every sound made me jump, and every new direction we turned made me feel dizzy. I felt like I couldn't even keep my eyes open.

"Open the gates!" Bellamy yelled as we broke through the treeline.

I audibly gasped for air as the gates closed behind us. My heart was beating harder than it ever had before as I struggled to catch my breath. I had never run that far or that fast in my entire life. Bellamy squeezed the hand he hadn't let go of, and when I looked up at him he was asking if I was okay. Blood was pounding in my ears. I couldn't hear myself say yes.

"Bellamy? Mira?" Finn yelled as he ran to us.

Bellamy led us into his tent before the crowd growing around us could get any bigger.

"What happened? Where's Roma and-"

"Dead." I whimpered.

"We got ambushed," Bellamy sighed.

A guard poked his head into the tent, but Bellamy cut him off before he could ask anything.

"No one leaves this camp. There's grounder all over the trees, I don't know if they followed us back. Everyone needs to get ready to move into the drop ship tonight."

"Clarke and Raven are out there," Finn swallowed hard.

"Clarke's strong, nothing's going to happen to them. You should be more worried about them finding the link between the two of them," I muttered.

"How do you-"

"I'm going back out there." Bellamy announced.

"Like hell you are. They killed three of us without even a noise," I argued.

"Octavia is out there and I'm not leaving her out there when the storm hits," he said softly, but he was determined.

He meant it, and in a way he was right. I could feel the way the wind rattled the tent.

"Then I'm coming with you."

"Like hell you are!" Murphy yelled as he stormed into the tent. "You could have died out there!"

"I made sure she made it back," Bellamy snapped at him.

"You're the reason she was out there! You're the reason those three died out there!" Murphy shot back.

"I wouldn't let anything happen to her," Bellamy replied immediately.

Murphy took a long minute to look back and forth between Bellamy and I, his eyes glancing down at our hands still together. I could see the anger building up inside him. He grabbed my wrist and ripped my hand away before pulling me outside the tent. I heard Bellamy try to follow but stop as Finn grabbed his arm.

"This is between them," Finn's voice trailed after us.

"Let go of me!" I screamed, digging my feet into the ground and not caring about the people staring. "What's wrong with you?"

"We're not talking about this here," Murphy said flatly as he kept pulling me towards the ship.

"Yes, we are!" I yelled, pulling my arm out of his grip and turning him to face me, "What did I do?"

"Mira, I said not now-"

"I haven't seen my brother in six years and the first conversation we have is about how he blames me for everything and now everything I do is met with anger. Tell me what I did!"