14 - United we Fall

POV: ur me insecure to use accurate dialogue to the show bc someone on another one of ur fics complained about it saying "wow how original" even tho 95% of your fics ARE original but sometimes you have to use actual dialogue bc that's the only way it makes sense
anyways
- pez
------------

"Will somebody shut him up?" Miller groaned as Jaha's voice traveled from the screen the delinquents were gathered around.

"For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth." Jaha's voice drifted on as everyone talked amongst themselves.

"Don't tell me you don't like Unity Day," Clarke was smiling.

Finn shook his head next to her, "Unity Day is a lie. The Ark only came together after the thirteenth station was blown out of the sky. This is the version Jaha tells because the real one doesn't do well at dinner parties."

"It gives people hope," Clarke shrugged.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." Jaha continued, the people around him cheered.

My eyes drifted along the crowd of people. Raven was back by the dropship doors, unmoving, unsmiling, and staring at Finn and Clarke talking. Miller was pouting while some of the other 'guard' boys - some of which I learned were named Kale, Oliver, and Tyler - teased him. Monty was waiting towards the back, bouncing in place while he waited for Jasper who had disappeared when Jaha started talking. My eyes trailed quickly over Kyle, the boy with the vendetta against me and the broken nose. And finally they landed on one tall, shirtless, freckle-faced boy: Bellamy.

My eyes trailed down his chest all the way to his belt before slowly making their way up. All the way up past his smirk and to the brown eyes that were staring at me. I felt my face grow hot as I stared back at him, knowing I had been caught. He raised his eyebrows, that smug look not leaving his face. I rolled my eyes, unable to hide my smile.

"Do you remember Unity Day when we were kids?" Murphy's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I did remember. "Look who's finally up."

"Sorry I missed Jaha's speech," he rolled his eyes. "97 years ago...." He mocked.

"Everyone was about to celebrate," I murmured as I saw Finn's head turn out the corner of my eye. I followed his line of sight to see Octavia slip out the fence. "Besides, Jaha actually smile this year."

I found myself looking back to Bellamy as I spoke. He was still looking my way, meaning he hadn't noticed his sister leave. But he was no longer smiling.

"Probably cause he lived to see it," Murphy chirped as he followed my eyes to Bellamy. "Pretty boy has crummy aim."

"That makes one of you, huh?" I snapped, unable to stop myself.

"What did you just say?" Murphy asked as he turned me to face him.

"I know you shot Dax, John." I said as I brushed past him.

As I made my way after Finn who had already slipped off after Octavia, Jasper announced his presence with a loud cheer about the moonshine and wine he had made for everyone. I passed right by him as the delinquents started to crowd.

"Ay, Mira! Our first taker-"

"Save me some, Jaz," I said as I used the growing crowd to disappear into the trees.