32 - Power Trip

"Are you guys good with the radio for a minute?" Raven asked as Octavia and I joined her in her small workspace.

I listened to the commotion outside as Clarke and Abby's group came back. I could hear yelling about a grounder, a mountain man, and lots of blood. I decided Clarke could handle this one - and stayed seated while Raven ran off to see what was happening.

We still hadn't heard from Bellamy or Lincoln since they left to get him inside. We had been listening to nothing but static for hours. On her way out, Raven squeezed my shoulder. It had been a rough few days between us, but ever since I saved her in Tondc we had been on better terms. I could see the pain in her eyes and I knew she saw the regret on my face every time I watched her limp or stumble or clutch her chest when that night was brought up.

"I know he made it," I said as Octavia picked at her nails.

"Why hasn't Lincoln come back?" She mumbled.

I grimaced and shrugged. I didn't know the answer to that.

"I'm sure they're okay. Lincoln has been doing this a long time," I tried to reassure her.

"I'm worried about Bellamy, too," she said suddenly, as if defending herself. "I don't want you to think I'm not. It's just-"

"I'm not judging you for worrying about Lincoln, Octavia." I stopped her.

"Everyone else is," she sighed. "I worry about Bell, too. It's just..."

"I worry more about Bellamy than I do John," I admitted. "I understand what it's like to not feel the same about your brother like you should."

She snorted, "Yeah, I guess you do get it."

"More than anyone," I laughed.

We both looked up as Raven came back into the room. She rolled her eyes as the yelling from outside floated in behind her.

"There's a mountain man in the airlock," she explained as she sat back down behind the radio, sighing as the weight was off her leg.

"You sealed it?" I was amazed at the skill she had.

"I did and they're in there right now talking about opening it." She sounded annoyed.

"Opening it? That'll kill him, right? From the radiation," Octavia raised her eyebrows.

"I guess that's my cue then," I smiled as I followed the sound of Clarke arguing with the two people who were supposed to be in charge.

"We can't torture him. You'll kill him before he talks!" Clarke was arguing with Kane.

"Clarke it could save your friends," he tried to persuade her but she didn't budge.

Her eyes caught mine as I joined the leadership power trip group. I watched her relax as she pushed past them and stop next to me.

"Maybe you can convince them," she smiled thinly as she continued past me to Raven's work room. It was like a game of tag.

"I'm the Chancellor!" Abby snapped.

"Then act like one!" Kane yelled back.

"Clarke's right. Torturing him won't do anything, not down here. Loyalty means everything to these people." I sighed as I watched Emerson through the glass windows of the airlock.

"We need information and this is the only way to do it," Kane wouldn't let it go.

"There's always another way," I disagreed calmly.

"With all due respect, Miss Murphy you are not in charge down here," he finally glanced my way.

"I was stabbed," I said suddenly.