12 - Protecting the Blame

-- MURPHY'S POV CONT. --

"Holy shit." I breathed as we looked at the bucket Bellamy had kicked over, spilling guns all over the floor of the bunker.

I reached down to grab one but Bellamy knocked my hand away.

"Chill out man," I said as I picked up one of the bigger ones. He eyed me wearily. "I'm not going to shoot you. I think we just found our advantage against the grounders."

Bellamy dropped his bag as I lined the gun up with a can across the bunker and shot, missing it by more than I 'd like to admit. He bent down behind me to pick one up just as I hit the can dead center. I let out a cheer to myself, adrenaline rushing through me.

"Here, you try- Woah, what's with all the food?" I said as I turned around to see Bellamy's bag slouched over, over a week's worth of rations spilling out. He tried to snatch the bag but I picked it up before him, slinging the gun over my shoulder and digging through his bag. I froze as I heard the click of a gun.

"Put it down, Murphy."

Bellamy had his gun pointed directly at my head. I tried to move but he shoved it closer. I dropped the bag on the ground and held my hands up.

"What is this?" I asked. "What are you doing?"

"This is none of your business," he lowered the gun.

"None of my business? You just pointed a gun at my face!" I yelled, angry, but kept my distance.

"I can't go back to camp," Bellamy muttered as he strapped the gun over his shoulder and grabbed his bag. He started up the stairs but I stopped him.

"You're leaving? Are you kidding me?" I couldn't believe him.

"I can't go back if the Ark comes down, Murphy!" Bellamy yelled back.

"So w-what, this is your big plan? You kidnap a grounder and bring him to camp meaning any one of his men could come after us and everyone inside, you show a bunch of kids that you're a leader, someone they can depend on - and then you ditch them when they need you?" I shook my head.

"The council will kill me. I can't help anyone if I'm dead!" He defended himself.

"So man up. Talk to the Ark for Christ's sake. You aren't leaving. We finally have something we can use to protect ourselves and you're just-"

"I can't!" He screamed.

"You don't have a choice, Bellamy." I snapped.

He shook his head as he stormed out of the bunker. I went to follow after him when the room started spinning. I dropped the gun and bag in my hands as I tried to steady myself.

"Woah," I gasped to myself.

"Something wrong, John?" A voice asked behind me.

I spun in a circle, but the room was empty. I rubbed my eyes as I held myself up with the wall.

"You don't look so good, son." Another voice said right behind me.

"Who's there?" I yelled out, turning around wildly.

"You don't recognize your own parents voice, Murphy," The voice darkened.

--

Bellamy scream knocked me out of my confusion as I sat on the bunker, rocking back and forth covering my ears trying to pretend like I hadn't just seen my mother and father standing right in front of me. I finally opened my eyes, peaking out to see if they had disappeared.