2

I skate as fast as I could to the school.

Even with my backpack and duffel bag, I don't think I've ever gone this fast before.

I'm just so excited!

I get to the school pretty early and run towards the pools as soon as possible. The hallways were pretty empty, so I could keep going!

Because today is the day I start swimming, at Karasuno Hig-

"Stop right there kid." I hear Akaya say behind me. My hand was already on the door handle, you really ruined the dramatic affect Cap. "Practice is after school only, remember?"

"Cap! Let me practice before school, just for a little bit." I beg her.

I literally get on my knees and bow down, even thought this has never worked on her.

"Sorry kid, not today. I'm too busy organizing some of the paperwork. Some other time." She disappointingly tells me and walks around me to enter the room.

"What am I supposed to do with an hour to spare?" I ask her, while standing back up.

I knew I should've listened to her, talking about practice times.

"Hopefully nothing stupid." She says and then slams the door shut.

Rude.

An hour to spare. I can't go home now, I'm already wide awake so, I don't need any sleep for now.

I wonder through the halls of the school and look through the windows.

A song starts running through my head and next thing I know, I'm singing it.

Huh?

I see a boy practicing volleyball all by himself. He seems lonely out there.

I make my way to the outside and turn the corner and see him.

"Hey there!" I cheerfully greet. Maybe too cheerfully, because he turns straight white. I put my hands out in defense and try to assure him. "Oh, I'm sorry if I startled you. I just wanted to introduce myself."

"It's...okay." he manages to say and slowly starts turning back to normal color.

"I'm Aoi-Lena Kawashima, but call me Lena. I'm Year 1 Class 4." I proudly state.

It's always fun to introduce myself for some reason, sort of like a routine.

"I'm Shōyō Hinata." He has a baby voice and was quite small.

About the same height as the girl I bumped into the other day.

"I love your hair!" I compliment him, but follow it up. "But wow, you're short!"

"Thank-" He quickly stops the moment I mentioned his height.

"Or maybe, I'm just tall. So you play volleyball?" I ask him, not even giving him a chance to properly respond from before.

"Um...well, I do, but not really." He sadly tells me.

"What does that mean?" I question him again and take a seat on a step close by.

"Well, the Captain kicked me and another new kid out." He shamefully admits.

"How does that even work?" I continue to ask him. "How do you get kicked out from the club, it's the second day of school."

"Well, you see. The other new kid, his name is Kageyama and he's such a jerk!" He shouts. Hm, I don't remember any Kageyamas in my classes. "We met back in middle school as enemies and now we need to be teammates now. But, he's so difficult."