29

The training camp has been alright and we're just about a week in.

Tsukishima stopped being Saltyshima and went back to being his normal self around me.

The team has been slowly improving, but their losses definitely outweighs their wins.

It's better than not winning at all though.

The heat has been the hardest part about this training camp, especially since we run so much, the sun beats down on the boys.

I made some new friends too. The one I've gotten close with is Lev.

Lev is a real goofball and fun to talk with. He's pretty tall too and I'm the only girl that doesn't look that small to him.

All of the managers got to pass out watermelon too! It was so yummy on the hot day.

Shoyo told me about the barbecue coming up and I couldn't wait for that either.

I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

This camp experience has been so perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kei! Teach me to serve. Please!" I beg Tsukishima for the hundredth time, shoving the ball in his face.

He's turned me down every single time this week.

"When will you give up?" he asks me and starts drinking his water.

"Okay then." I pull the volleyball back and walk away from him.

I make my way outside, towards Lev, where Nekoma's team was hanging out after their run.

I know he would agree to teach me.

"Hey Lena!" he cheerfully greets me. "How are you?"

"I'm great Lev. I was wondering if-" my sentence was quickly cut off.

A towel wraps under my chin and the person pulls my head, making it look up. I then see Tsukishima looking down at me.

"Fine. I'll teach you." he mutters.

"Thank you!" I shout and speed my way back inside the gymnasium.

He slowly followed me and we stood on one side of the court. I held my arm the same way Tsukishima does when he serves.

"What are you doing?" he tiredly asks me.

"Um, I'm serving!" I exclaim with a smile.

I feel my tongue stick out as I focus on my serving position. It has to go over.

Just before I hit it, Tsukishima grabs my arms from behind me and repositions them.

"You're underhand serving." he states.

I've never seen anyone underhand serve, which made me feel special in a way.

"Just swing your right arm and drop the ball in your left arm. Then just hit it-"

I shut him off by tossing the ball up and aggressively hitting it. The ball darted into Shoyo's face.

Tsukishima automatically starts snickering and turns his head away.

"Tsukishima, don't laugh at me!" Shoyo shouts.

"Shoyo! I am so sorry!" I continuously bow, feeling as embarrassed as ever.

"It's all good Lena. I get hit in the face a lot." he slightly laughs, while rubbing his cheek.

He slowly exits the gym and I look back at Tsukishima.

"Quit laughing." I slightly nudge him, making him stand back up.

"Oh, y-you're terrible!" he exclaims, getting the last of his laughs out.

"Ha, ha, ha." I sarcastically remark. "Take two."

I set back up and become extremely focus.

{Third POV}

Tsukishima found Lena's awful serving, as an amusing experience. He just regrets not doing it sooner.

"Is Tsukishima...smiling?" Suga asks Daichi.

Those two watched from a distance. They seemed rather suspicious of Tsukishima's sudden positive spirit.

"Wow, I didn't see that coming. I don't really notice those two talking before." Daichi comments.

Suga gives him, a rather unimpressed look.

"Really? It's obvious they're good friends. He talks to her just as much as Tadashi, only cause she approaches him so often. Are you blind?" he remarks.

"Shut up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Lena's POV}

The girls and I laughed at how much rice cakes Yukie can eat. She's quite the character.

I slip away from them for a second and finally get my food. Kiyoko and I spent our time setting up the barbecue, we haven't even gotten our first plate.

Delicious steak.

"You're drooling." Tsukishima commnets.

I grab my food and ditch that table, following after him to another one.

We grab our food, but I notice he didn't get too much. I made sure to grab a little extra.

"Tsukki, do you want a drink?" Tadashi asks him.

"No, I'm alright." Tsukishima tells him and takes a seat on the gym steps.

"Lena?" Tadashi offers.

"No thanks." I smile and stand next to Tsukishima.

I notice Kenma was on his game and wasn't even eating. Whenever he's not playing he's usually on that game.

"Kenma, don't you want to eat?" I ask him and put my plate in his face.

"I'm alright." he ignores it and focuses on his game.

I slightly pout at him and offer my plate to Tsukishima.

"Kei, you need to eat a little more too!" I slightly tower him since I was standing.

He looks up at me and for a slight second he smiled.

"I'm perfectly fine, but thanks for being concerned over me." he sarcastically smiles at me.

"Oh be quiet." I softly shove him and stuff my face with food.

He rests his head against the side of my body and we enjoyed our food together, but then my phone started ringing.

"Take this." I shove my plate into his chest and leave.

I go around the corner of the gym, where none of the boys were at.

"Hello?" I answer the call.

"Is this Aoi Kawashima?" a male voice asks me.

"Speaking." I confirm.

"It's your doctor, Dr. Ronna, I have some news for you."

My phone slips out of my hand.