33

Weeks have passed by.

I didn't even notice. It's like I blinked my eye and all those days flew.

I've just been waiting for this one specific day.

"Excuse me?" I peak my head into the gymnasium.

The team faces me, which feels quite intimidating. Since I've missed practice several days, without any excuse either.

"Lena!" Tanaka, Shoyo and Nishinoya attack me with a hug, and I softly return it.

"Hey, how have you been? Team's been worried about you." Daichi greets.

I lightly smile, but it quickly washes away.

Here goes.

"I'm sorry. I'd like to resign my manager position."

The team looks at me in shock, especially Tsukishima. But, I'm not sure how else to tell them.

"As a replacement, I have a friend in a Class 5 class. Her name is Hitoka Yachi, I will send more information about her. Hope you understand."

Nobody said anything, which felt strange.

"Thank you Lena." Kiyoko finally speaks up.

I nod and start to head my way. With a weight of regret, suffering on my chest."

"Lena!"

I turn around and everyone in the gym, bows.

"Oh, no. Please, there's no need-"

"Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So where did grandma's money go? Wasn't it supposed to go to me?" Fikki asks.

She was hanging backwards off my back and her hair was laying on the floor.

"Me." I tell her and continue with work.

Ever since I dropped all clubs, Fikki helped me sign up for online classes. So going to school, is no longer an option.

Seeing Tsukishima, is no longer an option.

"You got the money!?" she shoots up from my bed and hovers over me.

I nod my head and take out an envelope form my drawers. It had the evidence.

"Give it!" she pounces multiple times for the papers, but I moved my hand just in time. "Gah! Damnit!"

She hits my desk and knocks over my medicine.

"The hell are these?" she asks, as I pick up the bottle.
I show her the label, and she slowly reads it. "Why do you need sleeping pills?"

"To sleep." I gave her the obvious answer.

"Blah, blah, blah. So what, you take these every day?" she questions and further examines it.

I nod my head and start cleaning up my work.

"What about when you go to that tall, blonde guy's house?" the fact that she forgot Tsukishima's name, pissed me off a bit.

Wait a second.

Why don't I ever take these to Tsukishima's house? I never have trouble sleeping over there.

"Aoi. Why are you blushing?" Fikki points out.

Only other times I don't take my pill and fall asleep easily, is when I pass out on the chair, in Baa-baa's room.

I find myself looking up at Fikki.

For some odd reason, I had Tsukishima in my mind...but Baa-baa in my view.

I miss them...

Fikki became blurry and a surge of tears, infiltrated my eyes. Or as others may put it....crying.

"Oh, Aoi! Why are you crying?" she squats down and pets my hair.

"I miss her. I miss him." I hear myself sob. "I wasn't there for her and now, I drove him away! I-I-I....I love them! They're the most important people to me and they left...."

My heart hurt.

I loved Baa-baa with all my heart.

Until I started studying with you. Talking with you. Smiling with you. Laughing with you.

Until I started, loving you.

Now I pushed you away Kei. I haven't spoken to you in days or even seen you.

It genuinely hurts.

Fikki catches me in her arms, as I roll over. Clenching my heart and letting out a painful moan.

"Baby, the truth is, everyone leaves at some point. Either by choice...or because they have to. You can't stop that. You can't live your life scared. It doesn't matter if they left, it matters how long they stayed. It matters how much effort they put in. You just have to live your life with the best people you can. Everyone leaves. Everyone. That's just life."

Thank you Fikki.