27

{Tsukishima's POV}

When did I fall asleep? What's that delicious smell? Where is Lena? What time is it? Where are my glasses?

I hate falling asleep unexpectedly.

Even without my glasses on, I can see Lena's blurry bed and how there's nobody in it.

"Lena!" I guide my hands on her table and find my glasses.

Quickly, I go to check the bathroom but she wasn't there. In fact, it smelled clean.

I left her room and when I got to the kitchen, I see Lena pulling a tray out of the oven.

"Hey Kei." she starts to laugh then winces. "Ouch, that's hot."

"Why aren't you in bed?" I ask her and look at what she's making. "Shortcakes?"

"Yep. I wanted to make you some, just to say thanks for helping me out." she was smiling, as if she wasn't vomiting a while ago. "Don't worry, I'm using gloves so you won't get sick. I feel better though, but you should take medicine, since you kissed me."

My face slightly heats up from that.

"Why do you have to say it so casually?" I grab some medicine out from her cabinet and down it with water.

"Because, it was an accident. Accidents happen you know." she tells me.

But it wasn't an accident.

"I was thinking of making some for the team tomorrow, since we're both missing out on practice today." she says and puts a slice on a plate for me.

It looks really good. Smells really good. Sure hope it tastes real good.

Just before I dive in, she starts to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I ask her.

"Oh, Baa-baa loves anything with strawberries." she considerably exclaims.

How could someone be so happy at times like this. Makes me sort of envy her. Or at least, I think that's envy.

I take a bite of the treat and my tastebuds have never been happier. It was so fluffy and heavenly.

"Sure looks like you're enjoying it." Lena walks back in and catches my reaction.

"Um, yes." I clear my throat and chew normally. "It's very good."

"Thank you." she cheerfully says. "Want to help me bring some for the team tomorrow?"

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Lena's POV}

"These are so delicious!" the boys showered me with compliments and had their mouths stuffed with my treats.

"Thank you for the treats. Are you feeling better?" Kiyoko stood by my side and I felt stiff.

"Um, yes ma'am!" I hate how nervous I get around girls like her. They're so intimidating.

"Lena! You need to make more!" Tanaka and Nishinoya force me to lean back, which has them tower me for once.

I look behind them and even see Shoyo and Tobio stuffing their face.

"I'll whip up a new batch as soon as I can." I tell them.

"She's not a servant." I hear Tsukishima say from the other side of us. He had already finished eating.

"So Lena, when are you off of your boot?" Tadashi asks me with a mouth full of cake and points at my boot.

"Here." I hand him a napkin to clean his face. "Um, I plan on keeping it, until your guy's training camp is over. Around that time, it should have gotten better."

"As long as you don't get hurt at the camp, that doesn't seem like a problem to me." Coach says.

I give them an assuring smile, since they don't know.

"Well, another thing. I can't, really, go to Tokyo next week with you guys." I awkwardly tell them.

"Why?" Tanaka, Nishinoya and Shoyo all gave me their high pitch whining voice and puppy eyes.

"My grandmother is sick right now and I can't find anyone that can take care of her while I'm gone." I tell them.

"What about your parents?" I had a feeling someone was going to ask that.

"My parents are...on a trip!" I try to lie with ease. It didn't feel too great.

{Tsukishima's POV}

"Come here." I take Lena's hand and slowly drag her away from the group and go outside.

"Kei, what's this about?" she asks me.

If I was anymore stupid, I would've done something I would regret, right about now. But I can't.

"So, basically." I didn't know how to start, so I just had to blurt it out. "I asked my mom ahead of time to watch your grandma while we are at Tokyo, so you don't have to worry and can actually go. Sorry if I overstepped my boundaries, but I wanted you to go and if you don't want to that's fin-"

My rant was cut short, by her wrapping her arms around my neck.

I thought she was about to kill me, but soon realized...it was a hug.

"Thank you." her small voice said.

I didn't know what to do. I awkwardly stood frozen and she just hugged me. Do I hug her back? Should I hug her back? I mean, I do want to but-

"Okay, let's tell the boys!" she let go of me before I could even hug her back. Lost my damn chance.

We went back inside and she broke the news.

"Change of plans, I'm going to Tokyo with you guys!" it was pleasing to see her get happy.

"Um, Tsukki? Are you okay? You look sad." Tadashi caught my attention, but I kept my eyes on her.

I just had to lose my chance. Nice going Kei.