28

"Let's get em done!" Tanaka shouted into the night sky, as we board the bus.

"So loud." I slightly nudge him and step up.

I sit with Kiyoko in the front. Tadashi and Tsukishima coincidentally sit right behind us.

But knowing how sleepy he can get at this hour, Tsukishima and I won't have any talking points this ride.

"We should also rest during the drive. We all have a long week ahead of us." Kiyoko tells me, as if she can read my mind.

"Okay." I respond and try to get in a comfortable position.

The window seat makes it earlier to sleep with, but the bumpy road ahead gets uncomfortable. I guess it's suitable.

I place my head down, towards the ledge of the window. But, I connect with a soft pillow.

I look behind me and see Tsukishima with his hand on the mini pillow.

"No, it's okay. You can have it." I try to give it back, but he shoves it in my face and sits back.

"This is his best way of being polite." Tadashi leans over and whispers to me. "It's best to just accept it."

"Oh, um. Okay, thanks Kei." I look back and he already had his headphones on and his glasses off, sleeping.

I weirdly found it cute.

Perhaps, I'm just tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Guys! Guys! Where's the Skytree?" Shoyo's shouting was the first thing I heard, just waking up.

I look around and see the Shinzen Highschool come into view.

Kiyoko and I hop off the bus together and are greeted by some folks from Nekoma.

"Hey, Lena. You still in that boot?" Kuroo, Nekoma's captain, arrives by my side.

"Yep. It's coming off after this camp, so you better hang with it as much as you can." I awkwardly tell him, then hear Tsukishima snicker behind me.

"Um...okay?" Kuroo kindly steps away and I take a deep breath of embarrassment.

"Hang out with it?" Tsukishima appears next to me, still holding in his laughter.

I aggressively push him away, but he ends up next to me once again.

We arrive at the gym and they boys get ready for their first game, against Fukurodani. The guy with the weird hair and crazy strong arm is on that team.

I believe, he's the ace.

Oh, my arms would fall off, trying to receive that.

"Play well." I mutter to Tsukishima, before he steps away.

"I know." he remarks with sass.

I didn't think he actually heard me, heh.

The game started up the other side serving. Nishinoya returned it pretty easily.

Shoyo and Tobio were gonna go for the quick attack, but I couldn't help but feel nervous. They haven't really spoken ever since their fight.

Tobio sets the ball as Shoyo jumps, but the ball was short. It didn't even reach Shoyo.

"Um, what was that?" I slightly tug on Kiyoko's shirt, but instantly regret it. "I'm so sorry for touching your clothes!"

"No it's fine." she laughs it off. "But, Kageyama and Hinata have been practicing solo, more than together. So their new and improved techniques don't mash together that well, at least not yet."

Is Shoyo and Tobio don't sync up, we're gonna have a lot of penalties to deal with.

The game continued, but nobody was matching up. Our point ago was extending, as well as my nervousness.

Shoyo and Tobio aren't lining up.

They couldn't pull off the synchronized attack.

Asahi gets so antsy when serving and hits it out.

Nishinoya can't seem to get his jump, for the back two set, perfectly right.

And I don't mean to sound rude, but, Tsukishima's playing hasn't changed at all.

They lost their first set.

Apparently, their penalty was different from last time. I fell bad, they have to run in this heat.

"Lena, could you grab those water bottles?" Kiyoko asks me.

"Yes ma'am." I pick them up and step outside with her. It really is hot.

The view of the boys come back down and Tsukishima was the last to arrive. He hates running.

"Here you go." I pass out the water bottles to them. Receiving many "Thank yous" in returns.

Tsukishima looked like he was about to pass out, which I found both amusing and got worried.

I hope he's alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karasuno managed to lose every single set.

Man, I feel so bad for them. Yet, they still continue to practice afterwards.

I see Tsukishima about to leave, but I try to get to him as fast as I could. The stupid boot holds me back.

"Kei, aren't you going to practice some more?" I wonder.

He turned around and something seemed off. More of a Tsukishima face than Kei face, if that makes sense.

"Just like I told Tadashi, more practice won't change anything. I'm tired and leaving." he seemed more ticked off than usual.

"Um, okay." I quietly mutter.

He continued walking out and was soon out of sight.

"Hey Tadashi, is something wrong with Kei? He seems a bit off." I mention to his best friend.

"Oh, Tsukki just doesn't like to, um...overdo it." it seemed like Tadashi doesn't know what's wrong either.

I slowly walk out of the gym, that was filled with the smell of boys sweating. It was a smell I got used to, but won't ever enjoy.

As I go out for air, I see Tsukishima walking into another gym.

"Huh?" I make my way over and peak my head in.

He was practice with the settee and ace of Fukurodani, Along with Kuroo, from Nekoma.

Even though Tsukishima turned down the option to practice with his own teammates, it brought a smile to my face, that he was practicing in general.

Even made some friends along the way.