6

"I'm home." Tsukishima announces once he walks into his house. It's nice, inside and out. "We'll just go upstairs."

"Who's this?"

A women appears in the room with us and she seemed to be in the middle of cooking.

She had short and very light brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Aoi-Lena Kawashima, but please call me Lena." I stick my hand out, but she shows me her hands weren't clean. "I love your house, Ms. Tsukishima."

"Thank you. Are you Kei's friend?"

She gives Tsukishima a little look, indicating that he doesn't have visitors. Or so, I hope that's what she meant.

"We have to work on an assignment. We'll be in my room." Tsukishima tells her.

He starts to walk upstairs, after taking off his shoes.

"Nice to meet you." I say to his mom then shortly follow him. His stairway was narrow, so I couldn't go any faster, since he seemed to have walked so slow. "May I use your bathroom?"

He points at the door that was on our left once we make it to the top.

I quickly walk over there, since I've been holding it when practice started.

I go into his bathroom and before anything, I use it and washed my hands.

Then, I took some extra sweatpants out of my bag and change into those and a hoodie.

Much better.

I left the bathroom and soon realized, I don't know where his room is. So, I had to gamble.

Here goes.

"Wrong room."

I hear Tsukishima say, just as I place my hand on the door handle.

I quickly took it off and went to the door, that had the door open. I should've used common sense on that one.

"Nice room." I tell him and look around at first look.

It was too small or too big. It was also much neater than I expected, but I could see him being the beat type of guy.

"Did you change?" He asks me as soon as he looks at me. I nod my head and awkwardly stand by his door frame. "Put your stuff down on my bed, we shouldn't waste anymore time."

"Oh, yes sir." I reply and quickly put my bag on his bed, but kept my school bag with me.

"Don't call me that." He tells me and sits on the floor of the room.

I follow him and also get on the floor, across from him.

"Aye, aye. Captain Kei." I joked, which rewarded me with an obvious annoyed sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Third Person's POV}

Lena continued to read the first passage of the text she wrote for English.

Tsukishima found himself becoming lost at what part she's on.

"Let's, take a break from english." He interrupted her ready and pushes the paper in her hand down.

"That's fine with me. What do you prefer to work on?" She asks him.

Since they have all their classes together, they could work on anything together, not just english.

"What time do you plan on leaving?" Tsukishima prefers to ask her.

She didn't realize how much he doesn't want her to be there anymore.

"Um, anytime before 10." Her answer drops Tsukishima's hopes. It was only 8. "But, I could go sooner if you need to."

"Could 8:30 work? I have to do some things." Tsukishima makes a lame excuse, just to make her leave.

"Yeah that works." Lena didn't show it, but she was actually excited to leave early.

She didn't realize studying with him, didn't seem as fun as it sounded.

"I made some dinner." Tsukishima's mom invades his room and had a tray with two bowls full of ramen.

"Oh, thank you very much. Looks delicious." Lena compliments her.

Lena was always good with people, especially adults. Since kids her age aren't as sociable as her, she finds herself talking with adults more often.

They take the dinner and his mom leaves the room, closing the door.

Tsukishima felt a little weird, with a girl in his room and the door close. But, he knew nothing would happen, he just didn't like the feeling.

"Your mom is a good cook." Lena tells him. He snaps out of the thoughts although, Lena doesn't give him much time to respond to her. "What's your favorite food she makes?"

Tsukishima starts eating the ramen and begins to think.

"She has a special recipe to this strawberry shortcake." he tells me.

"Oh, is it good?" She asks him.

He nods his head, even though he just told her it's his favorite, so of course it's good.

"So, what do you guys even do during practice. Just play volleyball?" Lena tried to continue the conversation.

All she got was a mere nod, he didn't even look away from his ramen.

"Are you any good?" she continues to keep conversation.

"It's just a club, my skill isn't relevant really." He responds and stands up to eat on his bed.

"That's not all true. Clubs in highschool could take you places. You could go to Nationals and get a college to see you and give you a scholarship maybe. Then soon, you get a really cool job because you went to that college and studied really well. Then that job leads you to a career, that pays a whole lot." Lena tells him.

Tsukishima actually listened, interested with how she thinks about clubs in high school.

"Is that so?" He replies.

"Yup. That's how I hope swimming goes for me. If not, then I don't really want to go to college." She was waiting for him to ask her why.

He knew she was waiting too, so he didn't reply at all.

They sat in comfortable silence as they ate.

Tsukishima acted like he didn't see Lena constantly looking around his room. He couldn't tell if she was avoiding conversation or just looking around.

"Oh, it's about to be 8:30. When should we pick this up?" Lena collects her things once she finishes her dinner.

Tsukishima tried not to groan, thinking that they would have to meet up again.

"Tomorrow is fine." He decided. They both stood up, but he decided to just give her, her bag and not walk out with her. "I'll take the bowls down later."

"Well, see you tomorrow." She knows he doesn't want to walk her out, so she just gives him a wave and smile while leaving.

She went downstairs and saw his mother in the corner of his eye.

"Thank you for dinner Ms. Tsukishima, it was delicious!" she exclaims.

"You're welcome, sweetie!" His mom wasn't used to people complimenting her food, especially when it's a basic dish, like ramen.

Lena leaves the house and picks up her board that she left outside.

While she started skating home, Tsukishima looked through his window down at her.

He had his headphones on and she was singing her own songs.

They're similar, yet different.