13

The past few weeks have been very pleasant for me.

Tsukishima and I have been studying at his house often, sometimes Tadashi comes along.

It's been fun, but most of the time it's just us goofing off and competing over everything.

In swim, I've been doing really well. Akaya told us about the tournament for this year and I'm super ready for it.

Baa-baa hasn't been feeling too well. I've had to cancel on Tsukishima a few times, because she wasn't looking well that morning.

A few weekends, Tsukishima would come by to help.

Sakura and I don't really interact anymore. We've talked about what happened from before and both agreed to just stay in our lanes, literally.

Captain accepted our communication skills and makes sure I never get paired with Sakura.

June has been moving very swiftly for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, did either of you finish the math notes from earlier?" Tsukishima asks Tadashi and I.

We were all sitting on the floor in his room, studying for now.

"Here." I pass him my notebook and I jot down the answers for our English class.

"Lena, when is your tournament?" Tadashi asks me. I get a little chill up my neck, just thinking of it.

"Two weeks. End of the month, the week before exams." I tell him. "Must be nerve racking for you guys. Isn't yours a week before mine?"

"Yep." Tadashi says.

"What does this mean?" Tsukishima leans over and points at one of the problems in my notes.

I honestly didn't understand it too well. Math if my worst subject.

{Tsukishima's POV}

"So then when you eliminate both of the x's, you're left with 83." she confidently tells me, then takes the notebook back. "Wait that cant be right. If you cancel the x's, then why is there a Y just sitting there..."

Her voice fades away from my ears.

How could she just sit there and look like that?

Even though she knows absolutely nothing about what she's saying, it's adorable that she tries.

"Take it before I overheat." She shoves her notebook back into my chest and stands up. "I'll be back."

Once she's out of the room, I try to focus back on my notebook.

I couldn't help but notice Tadashi staring at me.

"Yes?" I question him.

He had a smug smile on his face and he rest his head on his hand.

"Never saw that coming." He sings.

"Saw what?" I put the notebook down and hope he isn't talking about what I'm thinking.

"Tsukki catching feelings for the girl he once despised." he states.

I had to scoff at him.

"Tsk. I've never despised her and I definitely don't have feelings for her." I confirm.

That's the truth and only the truth...I believe.

{Lena's POV}

I walk downstairs to get a glass of water. I've never had a house with stairs, so it's fun for me to walk on them-

"Oh!" I slipped on a step and hit every rest of the stairs with my butt.

Now I know why I can't have stairs.

"Oh, are you okay?" Tsukishima's mom helps me up from the floor.

"I'm fine Ms. Tsukishima. Thank you." we walk over to the kitchen together and she sits down at the table.

"Please, just call me Risa. So, hows the studying going?" she asks me and sips on her tea.

I pour myself some water and sit next to her.

"It's going well. To be completely honest, I can't keep myself entirely focus." I admit.

I always find something else to say or think about, it's so difficult.

"Well of course not." she replies. I give her a nod and start to drink water. "It's difficult to focus when you're in love with my son."

I nearly spit my water out, but I end up chocking and having a mini cough attack.

"In...I-In love?" I catch my breath and ask her.

"Yes. You have made him a whole new person. I've never seen him hangout with anyone that wasn't Tadashi, especially a girl." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't think Kei and I exchange any feelings like that for each other." She shakes my head at my statement. "Besides, it wouldn't matter. I'm not looking for a relationship or a boyfriend at all."

"Only because, the relationship has found you." she forcefully cheers her mug with my glass and gives me a wink.

"Actually, I'm just really focused on swimming, my grades and my family." I assure her.

"You know, I've never seen your parents or any siblings of yours. Care to join us for a dinner one night?" She invites me.

I nervously gulp, but maybe it's best to tell her.

"Um, my parents passed away a few years ago." I quietly speak.

It feels pretty good to finally tell someone.

"I'm so sorry, I had no idea." She tried to comfort me.

"No it's fine. Nobody else knows, not even Kei." I uncomfortably drink the last of my water and start to head back upstairs.

"Thank you for telling me." She mentions.

I nod and go back upstairs.

When I got back, Tadashi was packing up.

"Hey Lena. I have to call it early today, see you guys tomorrow." he walks past me and I hear his footsteps walk down the stairs.

"I should probably go too. Baa-baa should get to sleep early tonight." I tell Tsukishima.

After that talk with his mom, it felt difficult to continue being in the same room as him.

"Okay." he quietly says.

As I collect my things, I find myself constantly looking at him.

Love?

I couldn't possibly love this boy. I don't even think I could be attracted to him.

I mean, he does have those really pretty eyes and some great lock of blonde curls and his glasses are very cute. Not to mention his smile.

"What?" he catches me staring at him and I decide to just clear the air for myself.

"Do you like me?" I had to ask him.

His eyes go wide, as he wasn't ready for that question. Or does that mean he already has an answer?

{Tsukishima's POV}

"Do you like me?" She asks me.

I nearly feel my heart my heart jump out of my chest.

"No."
Yes.

"Okay, just wanted to clear it up." She says and gives me her cute smile before leaving.

I stand up and face plant on my bed.

Why did I say that?

I'm so stupid. So, so stupid. Wait no.

What I said was the truth. Right?

Do I like her?

No.
Yes.
No.
Yes.

Shit.