35

"This is disgusting." Fikki says at the scene she's witnessing.

She walked in on Lena and Tsukishima cuddling on the couch. Not an image she was ready for in the middle of the night.

"Hm?" Lena begins to wake up and realizes her surroundings.

Tsukishima's arms wrapped tightly around her waist, with his head nuzzled into her neck.

A warm smile appeared on her face. A feeling she hasn't felt in a while.

Happiness.

"Fikki, I thought you were coming back in the morning?" Lena whispers at her cousin.

"Yeah, but I decided not to." Fikki quickly responds.

Lena easily knew she was lying. The way her nostrils flared and her response was faster than usual.

"Are you sure?" Lena continues to ask.

Fikki gave her an uneasy look, afraid that her little cousin caught her lying.

"Fine!" she finally breaks. "I-I just didn't want you to be alone."

Lena's eyes grew wide at her, surprised to hear Fikki actually cares about her. Well, more than she shows.

"Obviously, I came home for nothing. Blondie decided to make a reappearance and already got touchy-touchy." Fikki finishes.

Tsukishima starts waking up from the conversation and pushes himself up a bit.

The moment he looked down, he sees Lena right under him. Immediately, his face turns red and he scrambles to his feet.

"U-uh, hey guys. W-What time is it?" his nervousness kicked in, not remembering what happened a few hours ago.

He reaches down to the table and puts his glasses on.

"Calm down there weirdo." Fikki huffs and starts walking away. "Just don't ruin that couch."

"I hope you're not referring to unspeakable actions." Lena calls out.

Fikki peaks her head around the corner one last time and whispers, "They're definitely speakable."

Lena and Tsukishima cringed at her comment and waited for her to leave. Awkward silence entered the room, while the two stayed frozen.

"Say, Kei-" Lena stops and let's out the smallest stifled laugh. "Ahem, sorry-"

"Hm, that rhymes." Tsukishima genuinely chuckles.

Lena's eyes grew wide and she looked at him, in complete disbelief that he would laugh at that type of joke. One that he used to fine, utterly disgusting.

"Kei..." she quietly mumbles.

Without a warning, Tsukishima bends down to her level and meets eye to eye with her. Hardly any space was left in between them.

"Aoi. I want to be able to call you more than a friend, or a study buddy. I want to be able to call you mine." he tells her.

She could hardly breath and felt speechless.

"He's asking me out? AND using my first name?" she asks herself.

Within the time they haven't seen each other, neither have realized how much they've changed.

Now, it feels like the roles have reversed.

"Aoi, I'm not sure if I'm what you're looking for. But all I know is...Ever since you left school, I haven't been able to block a single ball or ace a single test. My mind was cluttered with your stupid name and I'm sick of avoiding the reality, that you resent me."