Teeth- rival!Jay x rival!reader part one

A/n: I miss Jay so crapping much.

Author's POV
"And the last pair is Jay and Y/n." The teacher finished announcing the last pair for the baby project.
"What?!" You and Jay both screamed at the same time.
"Is there a problem." Mrs. Heidi shot a death glare at you two. You shrunk in your seat and whispered out a no. "For today, try to get along. Please." Let's backtrack a bit, shall we? Mrs. Heidi was picking out partners for the baby project. And you just so happened to be with your worst rival. Jay. (My bb) you despised him and you knew he felt the same way. Your rivalry started off when you both got two different answers in a math class. You didn't know each other before, but now you were so competitive with each other that you could've been seen as best friends annoying the shit out of each other. That's how close you were.

Y/n's POV
Jay isn't cool at all. He thinks he's all that. Well, "all that", is trash. His stupid sunlit hair and beautiful different colored eyes.. Uhh. Ugh, I hate him.. And now we've got to be partners for the baby project? What the hell? Everyone else got to be paired with their friends. Apparently we have to take care of a bag of flour and if something happens to it, we fail.
"Everyone sit next to your partner and then I'll give you your babies." Mrs. Heidi yelled over the chatting students. Everyone shifted seats until every pair got their sack. I rested my head on my hand and sighed.
"Shut up." Jay huffed. I rolled my eyes,
"I didn't say anything.. dumbass." I whispered that last part. Jay chuckled and looked away.

Time skip to after school by your locker

I finished packing my bag by my locker and was about to close it when it was slammed shut by someone else.
"Do you want to go out?" Jay asked.
"What?" I questioned, flustered. What was up with him all of a sudden? It was Jay's turn to roll his eyes, but he couldn't hide his blush,
"I meant, do you want to go out somewhere with the baby." That didn't make it that much better but I blew over it since he seemed to be in a rush.
"Oh, yeah, sure."

Jay's POV
I was walking out of my last class to get to my locker. I didn't see the football group anywhere so I assumed I was safe for today. Big mistake.
"Hey Jay~" I heard someone purr into my ear. I jumped but didn't bother turning around, for I already knew who it was. I heard another voice say,
"Have you been avoiding us?" I couldn't bring myself to say anything. "Aw he's scared~" I finally turn around feeling a bit relieved that there were only two of them right now. The leader, Roy. A tall, well built smartass who thinks he's better than everyone else. And his best friend, Tony. A shorter, but also muscular kid. At least his short looking ass has common sense. Roy grabbed my neck rashly, pulling my head close to his.
"Don't think you're safe, once we see you out of school.." Roy licked his lips and grabbed onto my neck tighter, "you're done-zo."
"Now get lost, loser!" Tony added as Roy harshly let go of my neck. As they high fived and walked away, I brought my hoodie up closer to my neck, hoping to hide the imprint that I'm sure Roy left behind. I turn around and see Y/n by her locker and I immediately trip over myself, trying to run over to her. Besides, she's the only person who talks to me, other than when the football group bullies me. I don't want to be by myself and get beat up, so I need to be with her. Before I reach her locker, I slow down and really look at her. I never noticed how Y/n's e/c eyes glimmered in the sunlight, or how calm she looked when nobody is bothering her. I casually walk up to her, pretending that I wasn't just checking her out. I saw her closing her locker and took this as a chance to fully get her attention. Before she could reach and close her locker, I slammed it shut for her.
"Do you want to go out?" I asked, not giving two shits about how I phrased that.
"What?" Her face turned a fiery red. It took me a second to realize what I had just said.
"I meant, do you want to go out somewhere with the baby." I saved myself. Phew.
"Oh, yeah, sure." She looked somewhat, disappointed. Oh my god! She thought I was asking her out. Ha! Ha ha..haa.. Pfft she thought. Like I would..ever.. do that.. In the corner of my eye I saw Roy and Tony coming up to us with the rest of the football group. I didn't want anything to happen to Y/n- I mean me! I didn't want anything to happen to me, so I grabbed Y/n's left hand with my right, as she carried our baby with her right arm. I saw her grow a bit confused but when she turned around and saw the football group she looked back up at me with a pitiful, pained expression. Even with that look, she managed to look like the prettiest woman on Earth- Ha ha! What. I looked back in front and lead her to an underground café after we exited the school. We found a table, put our things down and tried hard to catch our breaths.
"You wanna pant pant tell me.. what the hell that was about?" Y/n tried hard to look strict and demanding. I looked up at her cute flushed face, her hair messed up from the wind. I cleared my throat, hiding the blush. I waited til we fully caught our breath and were breathing normally. I still couldn't answer, for the first time in forever, Y/n left me speechless. I closed my eyes, tears threatened to fall at any moment. But my eyes shot open at the feeling of Y/n's hands reaching and grasping mine. "You can tell me whatever, Jay," she looked me in the eye softly, "and you can tell me whenever." I felt myself ease up at Y/n's touch,
"I-" I got interrupted by the one voice I wish didn't exist.

𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें