Bad Boy- popular bad boy!Jay x reader

Third POV

Jay is just a 17 year old teenager and everyone is scared of him. Why? Because he's the best fighter in the school. Yeah they might be terrified of him, that doesn't stop people from adoring him. Especially girls. He might be scary, but he's also scary popular. He has a close group of friends, they all care for one another. Yet, Jay has never felt true love for another person before. No one has ever caught Jay's eye, and so he gave up trying to find someone right for him. But even thugs want someone to lean on them. Y/n is a new student at Jay's school and hasn't made any friends. While speed-walking through the hallway looking down, attempting not to make eye contact with anyone, she bumps into Jay. They both fall backwards and Y/n's papers are scattered everywhere. She mentally screams at herself for bumping into this stranger. He seems to be having a nice day and she probably ruined it by bumping into him. Jay stays sitting while staring at Y/n. He had never seen her around the school, was she new? He watches Y/n attempts to gather her papers but they keep on slipping out of her hands. Jay giggles at her attempts but pretends to not have made any sound. Y/n looks over at him, flustered. She's completely embarrassing herself in front of this guy! And did he just laugh? Why is he still sitting there? Y/n thinks. She gets up and brushes dust off of her clothes. Might as well help him, though it is kind of weird his eyes haven't left me.. She reaches her hand out towards him, signalling for him to take it. Reluctantly, he takes her hand and he feels himself being pulled onto his feet. Why is she being so nice? Jay thinks to himself. Does she not know who I am? Jay asks Y/n if she knows who he is. She quickly shakes her head no. Jay smirks, closes his eyes and points to himself. "I am Jay, best fighter in the school and most popular kid."Y/n was about to start laughing out loud. Best fighter? This guy? This cute little- eh, tall kid? Never! She accidentally lets out a small giggle.

"C-cool!" She manages to get out without laughing. Jay opens his eyes and stares at Y/n. "Is she for real?" He thinks."My name's Y/n!" she smiles as she introduces herself. He feels his face heat up and he tries covering it with his hands. Unfortunately for him, Y/n notices. She leans in closer up to his face, clasps his hands with her own and brings them down to his sides to study his expression. Jay seems to get even more flustered. "What is she doing?" Jay ponders to himself. He stares into her e/c eyes. In fact, he examines a lot of things about her. Her h/l, h/c hair, her f/c clothes, l/c lips and eyebrows, to name a few. He was about to say out loud that Y/n looks pretty, but gibberish muttering ends up coming out. He can't stop stammering over his words. He's too caught up in his thoughts that he hasn't realized that Y/n is still grasping his hands. He swiftly pulls away and glares at her. He soon sees her smile change into a frown which causes his hard glare to soften a bit. For some reason he doesn't want to see her sad. When he said sorry, Y/n's frown softened just a tiny bit. "Why am I saying sorry? I've never said sorry to anyone in this shitty school." Jay's thinking increases and he gets more flustered. Y/n's about to say something but he turns and walks away to his next class to avoid any more social interacting. He was going to look back at her, knowing she was still standing there looking at him. But he decided against it, 

"She probably hates me anyway." Jay mutters as he shoves his hands into his pant pockets. As he turns the corner of the hallway, he sneaks a glance back at Y/n. His stance stiffens as he realizes she's not there anymore. All that's left is her dirty foot printed papers on the marble floor. Jay slightly rolls his eyes to hide the fact that he's pretty worried, he makes his way back to where Y/n was standing. He waits a while, scanning the area for Y/n. 

thump

"Stop it!" A muffled cry is heard by Jay from behind the doors of a vacated classroom. Jay murmurs, 

"That sounds an awful lot like-" Jay's eyes shoot open wide as he sprints to the classroom where he heard the cry. The yelps and cries for help getting louder as he approaches, he busts the door open to find a familiar guy hovering over Y/n on the ground. The pair look over at Jay, one with hope in her eyes. He stares at the state Y/n is in, her beautiful h/c hair now messy, the buttons on her shirt slightly undone, and there's a smug look on the harassers face.

"Sup Jay! Wanna join?" Chris smirks up at Jay while Y/n attempts to shove him off her. Jay gives Chris a blank stare and slowly walks up to the two. Y/n is terrified, she hasn't known Jay for that long so she doesn't know what he's planning on doing. Jay takes notice of the tears spilling from Y/n's desperate eyes and his heat shatters into a thousand pieces. He squats down by the two of them, staring downward at Y/n. 

"You should watch your back from now on." He shrugs. Y/n's heart beats faster and her chest heaves with every breath she takes.

"Wh..what?" Y/n's wavering voice croaks out. Jay flicks her forehead and continues,

"I won't always be able to save you." Not leaving Y/n a chance to reply, Jay lunges at a confused Chris. He sits on top of him and throws punch after punch at Chris's face. Jay's face is full of anger and hatred for Chris, he didn't want to even imagine what could've happened to Y/n if he hadn't gotten here on time. Y/n hurries behind Jay and hugs him from behind, 

"Please, let's just go!" she pleads. Jay nods at her but swings a few more hard hits at Chris. He stands up and nudges a weak Chris with his foot. 

"Don't even think of doing that again." Jay's words are laced with a thick amount of poison and he grabs Y/n's hand and intertwines it with his. Jay leads Y/n into the hallway and far from the scene of a Chris's bloody face. They lean against the hallway wall and Y/n lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. 

"T-thanks.." Y/n's voice is still shaky due to the current events. Jay responds to her gratitude with a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Just be careful from now on.." he mutters. The pair slide down the wall and stretch out their legs, Y/n leans her head against Jay's shoulder, brings Jay's battered fist up to her lips and softly pecks each of his knuckles. A heavy weight pushes against Jay's chest and he is left confused and curious to this new feeling, "Is...this what love feels like?"

A/n: thanks for reading! Hope you guys enjoyed the different POV, I originally wrote this as my own personal story (it's kinda old) but I had used the name Jay in that so I switched the girl's name to Y/n. As always, requests are open. I hope everyone's safe and healthy! :)

<3