Chapter 28

Rose knocked on Adam's door. His wife opened.

"Rose?" She said looking shocked.

"Is Adam home?"

Adam's wife crossed her hands and said, "you've got the nerve coming here."

"Don't worry honey, you are the one whose got his litter, he'll never leave you for me, and oh look another one on the way," she said mocking her huge pregnancy bump.

"Who's at the door my love?!" Adam called from inside the house.

"Your whore!"

"If you call me a whore again, I don't care how pregnant you are, I will smash your brainless head in the wall."

"You need to stay away from my husband you home wrecker!"

"If you were giving him all he wanted he wouldn't be chasing after me even when I've told him I've moved on."

"Moved on....and yet here you are at our door."

"Moving on doesn't mean I can't enjoy him from time to time," Rose smirked.

"I will kill you!" Adams wife launched at Rose.

Adam grabbed her from behind. Rose's coachman who appeared from nowhere pulled Rose back, both girls screaming, kicking and shouting gibberish.

"Stop! Stop it!" Adam shouted, "take her to her carriage!" He told Rose's coachman as he pulled his wife back in the house.

"If you leave with that whore, you should never come back here!" His wife barked.

"Well I need to know why she came don't I?"

"Isn't that obvious?"

He stared at his wife for a moment and strode out. He could hear his wife yelling angry words after him, but didn't stop. He had been trying to be in touch with Rose for months but she had ignored him. He needed to know why she had followed him to his house of all places.

He jumped in her carriage and told the coach man to drive before his wife came out.

"What were you thinking coming to my house?.....and....and are you insane starting a fight with a pregnant woman?"

"She started it, she called me a whore," Rose retorted.

"And you decided beating her up would solve the problem mphm?"

"She's the one that launched at me, that mad whore."

"Don't call her that," Adam said defensively, "She's not a whore, don't call her a whore."

"Oh, so it's fine for her to call me a whore but I can't?"

Adam rubbed his face hard.

"God!" He exclaimed angrily, "even with this madness I still find myself happy that you are here... I'm happy to see you....I don't know why you came, but I'm happy, I missed you Rose."

She looked at him for a long time, her eyes glistening with tears.

"You are having another child with her?" She asked.

"I had stopped everything with her, then you started ignoring me.... you pushed me away for months. I didn't know what else to do."

She scoffed.

"Anyway, its none of my business, I came to tell you not to tell Harry about me and Nicholas."

"I would never," Adam said with exaggerated concern. "I would never want your brother to think less of you."